Humor as Attractive

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a sense of humor is sooo important! I think in general one has to have a sense of humor to be healthy, life isn't a simple "walk in the park"......

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm..... ok, my top five would be:
Christian
intelligent
sense of humor
gainfully employed
loves music [bonus if able to produce music!]

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted yes, but I don't think I've ever actually listed out the qualities I looked for in choosing my husband. At least not in a certain order. I know my number 1 is absolutely that he must share my Faith in Christ. I would never have dated a guy who didn't. After that, he had to be a man of Integrity. To me that would mean being someone who keeps their word and is responsible. Also having a calm personality meant a lot to me. I guess humor is tied in with that some. DH and I do have similar senses of humor and we have a good time together, but overall he is the calm to my turbulent emotions....to say the least.
DH isn't perfect, but he's definitely my match. I enjoy living my life with him.
I'm really proud of him.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually made a list years ago. It was something like this.

respect
love
consideration/kindness
humor
more intelligent than me
can keep a commitment
wants the same things in life
integrity

In that order.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Humor is important to me, I can be too serious and I like a guy that can make me lighten up

Other traits I look for are:
tolerance- I won't date a person who looks down on anyone for any reason. Many times someone I've dated has made an off hand comment and that's the end
intelligence- not someone who can necessarily expalin the theory of relativity, but someone who can think critically. I'm a bit lacking in common sense
so someone who has common sense serves as a balance

introverted- I'm not a social person and don't like to be dragged to parties and the like where I just sit in a corner people-watching. My ex was a very people-oriented person and I went along and never really had fun

honest- I want someone who will be true to me and another side to honesty is being able to tell me when something is wrong, I'd rather have my feelings hurt now than later if that makes sense (also something I dealt with with my ex)

another thing that is important to me is chemistry, I wouldn't say I have a particular "type" (mr bear
) but there has to be some sort of physical connection, that is something that just cannot be faked