Humble's Kidney Enzyme Levels

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thisis a beautiful story! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I am not sure I could condense it into just one message! From the time I got her as a present for a then serious boyfriend, my life changed. My love for her led me in a direction I would *never* have gone, and it changed my life, and the history of the American Curl breed (IMHO).

When I broke up with this boyfriend, as she'd been a gift, I felt I had to leave her with him, though we were tightly bonded. He did agree I could have her bred as I wanted a part of her. It is a too long story as to how I ended up having her accepted for breeding to an American Curl male, but the key point is once pregnant, she began misbehaving, peeing here and there, generally drove this ex-boyfriend crazy until he gave her back
She never misbehaved like that until in her mid-teens.

Of course, then I had a litter coming, when all I'd wanted was her...but that led to one of the first Lilac American Curls(her daughter), and was the beginning of a long journey with the breed.

In her last year of life, her spirit was amazing to our vet. One example is that a few days before we realized it was over, she had a spell (related, as we found out to severe anemia)...I thought she was dying, and kept crying "no" and her name, I was just in shock. She came back (from a fully arched back, mouth open, tongue out)...by the time I got her to the vet, she was her usual talkative self, and marched around the exam room, making happy meows. It was, to me, a stunning recovery.

This was the cat who when her loud, talking was keeping me from sleeping one day before my night shift, I exasperatedly told her "bookie, shhhsh!" and she meowed back with half her usual volume! From then on, if I said "shhsh!", she'd cut her meows to soft little murmurs.

In her old age I taught her hand signals - she was awful about counters - the result was she'd get down but talked back at me the whole time. She was simply unique.

Losing her son Patrick, this past March, was so hard, not only because he was so incredibly special, but because he was a living part of her, had her incredible spirit.

I truly, if I set out the chain of events, know that I would not have my husband, my business, be who I am, were it not for this one cat. She changed my life, I know I will see her again, I know she was my guardian angel, through a number of lonely and painful years of my life.