Human treats

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered chinese food last night and I gave the girls a barbequed pork rib bone each. I made sure to leave plenty of meat. They went nuts knawing on them. The loved it!

Dusty will jump on my shoulder watching me eat chips, carrrots, dip and salsa. She will smell my mouth wondering what I am eating that she can't.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
chloe LOVES provolone, spaghetti, smoked turkey, salad with ranch dressing, lo mein, cereal... she also eats chicken noodle soup but only if you feed it to her with a spoon
she really doesnt eat a lot of ppl food, though. her absolute favorite thing is king hawaiian sweet rolls (i think thats what they are called) mom would buy a 12pk and they would disappear. she kept blaming me for eating them all and i thought she was eating them. we got up one morning to discover chloe had ripped a hole in the package, had her head in the bag and had eaten almost the entire package. so now everytime we get them, we buy her a little 4pk so she wont eat ours

patchy, however, is a pig. her full name is princess patches the piglet b/c shes a diva AND a pig LOL she eats EVERYTHING!!! if you arent careful she will steal stuff of your plate. a couple of months ago mom was sitting on the couch eating a sandwich and she really wasnt paying attention when patchy made a running leap and stole it right out of moms had as she went to take a bite. i thought i was going to die!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

Loki seems to like the Lemonades Girl Scout Cookies, which I found out last month. He hadn't even tasted one yet, and was completely in my face! I was just like, "Loki, you can't taste sweet stuff and you're not supposed to like citrus!"

I left the box in the larger cardboard transportation box and put something on it so the boys couldn't get into it while I was at work. When I came home I found that he had pushed the thing on top of it off, opened the box, managed to take the Lemonades box out of the deep cardboard box it was in (not tipping it over), opened the cookie box, pulled out the plastic covered plastic tray and got himself a cookie! He certainly seemed proud!

Possum doesn't seem to trust that any food other than cat food isn't poisoned.

Tricia
I absolutely LOVE this story!!! What a determined kitty!!! And cookies!? yeah, cats aren't supposed to have taste buds for sweet things, genetically? So you have a very smart and unusual cat!

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two boys aren't really interested in human food except meat or fish, although Oliver won't say no to the occasional taste of vanilla ice cream.

My mom and my RB cats, on the other hand. . .

--Taffy refused to eat tuna unless it was mixed with Miracle Whip (and it had to be Miracle Whip, *not* mayonnaise!).
--Lucky loved angel food cake (she would literally sit up and beg for a bite if you had it) and once climbed into a pot of New England clam chowder that was sitting on the table (fortunately, it wasn't hot).
--Silly loved sauerkraut, canteloupe, pancakes, and jelly doughnuts.
--Nibbles used to steal green olives from my dad's martinis, and he and his sister Peaches once ate part of a lemon meringue pie that my mom bought at a church bake sale.
--Peaches liked to drink iced coffee (black coffee, no less!).
--Miles was the most omnivorous of all our cats, but his absolute favorite treats were Fudgsicles and Starbucks Frappuccino bars. Every time he heard the paper or plastic rustling, he'd come running.