human skin rash after cat scratch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

innaur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I gave him revolution and sprinkled de on his problematic areas. His skin looks better already - crast is pilling off and he showing a clear skin. But now when he is off metronidazole (he finished 10days treatment and had normal stool only during this time) he has a soft run I stool again. I know this is for another thread but this is so frustrating - this poor little guy has all possible health problems and there is no end for it. I can't afford to go to the vet again and my husband doesn't even want to keep him anymore

forrestmeows

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no! :( That is not good all around. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this! :alright:

I never meant to imply that you had to start a separate thread about the DE. I just thought you might get more of a response.

As for the loose stool, metronidazole is supposed to help resolve diarrhea and loose stool. You could also try unsweetened pumpkin (not the pie filling; no other ingredients besides pumpkin).

You should start gradually, say with half a teaspoon of pumpkin once or twice a day (it can be mixed with food), and increase as needed.
Although this is for constipation, it also applies for loose stool.

http://www.felinecrf.org/constipation.htm#fibre

You could also try probiotics.

It sounds like this breeder is very suspect. If the breeder is that bad, I would not take him back there. I'm not telling you what to do though. It's awful! You could look into pet insurance now while he is young to help with vet bills. There are some good threads on that. Very helpful info!

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/289270/some-thoughts-on-pet-insurance

Keep us posted! :vibes:

Last edited:

innaur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Vet recommended another 14 days of metro and stronger probiotic ( I was giving him different kind all the time), and if it doesn't resolve to do different testing. Not sure I can afford it. My husband is getting pretty unhappy about all this situation [emoji]128542[/emoji]

forrestmeows

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Loose stool can take a while to resolve.  It might be due to a change in diet.  If you are giving him a different food than the breeder, it could upset his tummy. Food changes need to be very gradual.  Even then, they can upset the tummy.   He could potentially have or get IBD.  Canned food is better for kitties.  You could try the pumpkin.  Give it some time.  I would not think that you don't need to run up a bunch of expensive tests for loose stool quite yet.  Of course, I don't know all the facts and am not a vet.  But give it some time to resolve.  

As for the expense, cats and other pets can get quite sick.  They are like humans.  I think it might be worthwhile to check out the pet insurance.  However, I have not ever purchased it.  So, make sure you research it.  I have been considering getting it.  This late in the game, my kitties would have a lot of exclusions.  

If you continue to use the Revolution, you might be able to get twice the amount at Costco for about the same price at the Vet.  Your vet can call it in to Costco's pharmacy (or an Online alternative).  All you have to do is ask.  You can tell them you're on a tight budget.  

Hang in there!  I hope your husband comes around.  Cats are truly amazing creatures.  Mine have gotten me through a lot of difficult times.  I would not trade them for the World!

innaur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm again with a question about my skin itchy bums. It's so frustrating. I feel like a soccer ball being kicked from human doctors to the vets and back. I'm getting new bumps on my arms every day on the areas where kitten touched me. And he has some crasty red bups in his head and neck. Hear above his eyes is thinning noticeably. But he doesn't seem very itchy. He is on revolution even 3 weeks. Skin scrap is negative for mites. He has some kind of information in his years - I didn't do cytology on it - just can't afford it anymore. Dermatologist in January did biopsy and results came back as a bag bites. Allergy test for cat was negative for me. So all my doctors say it's a vet problem - definitely something is biting me. Vet said it's impossible since kitten doesn't have any flees or mites and I'm just allergic to cats. And kitten problem can be bacterial or allergy or whatever. My husband wants to get rid of this poor kitty seeing how miserable I'm with my ugly looking itchy arms. I still feel something is biting me from the kitten. What can it be?