Human mom to 2 awesome Russian Blues!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

Just found this website a couple of days ago while searching for good cat health pages and am totally amazed there is such a huge community!

This is very cool and I'm looking forward to doing lots of posting and meeting other cat lovers of all *ahem* purrsuasians!

Cheers

Jenn (a.k.a. VespaCat)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Heidi! Nice to meet you.

Your little ones look very cute! I'll definitely post some pics of Mik and Lex at some point soon... I actually showed Mik for a short time and he did quite well, but he liked the housecat life, so he decided retirement was his best option.

As I write this, he is actually asleep on one of his favorite spots... my laptop bag (minus the laptop, obviously!)

Cheers,

Jenn, Mik & Lex

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm going to have to do an image search for Russian Blue now as everyone keeps saying how pretty they are and i dont know what they look like

do you breed or just pet (couldnt think of a better word. lol)

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, if you go to www.russianblue.org there are a great many number of RB's to see! And the breeder of my kitties has the best RB in TICA from 2004 (you can see him in the picture).

I thought about breeding at one point, but it's too labour intensive, and just getting my cats to like men in general, and in particular, each time I get a new boyfriend, is difficult enough! My little guys are smart enough to know that men take up *way* too much of my time for their liking.

Jenn

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great site. everyone was right, they are so pretty!!

even my cats smart enough to know what to make of men. she thinks my boyfriend takes up too much time, attention and space in the bed: its fun to tease my little brother: my dad is only good for food! lol

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another Canadian with Russian Blues.
Do you know Nakita??? She's a beautiful kitty that comes here to visit.

Welcome!!!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Tina! Your babies are sweet.

I'm looking forward to doing loads of posting in order to get my Top Cat status! Errr, sorry, I think that's my competitive Aries rising coming out!

Cheers,

Jenn, Mik & Lex (soon to be avatars in motion *evil laughs*)

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the board and hello Jenn, Mik & Lex! I am donna proudly owned by Mischka & Linx and soon Sundance

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Chris! You little ones are very cute indeed!

I am a 2 day old Kitten so I'm still learning the neighbourhood. Another RB? Oh, I'm sure I will get to know Nakita's mom/dad in no time!

How exciting!

Cheers,

Jenn, Mik & Lex (I can't wait to get my kitties in motion via Avatar!)

Originally Posted by captiva

Another Canadian with Russian Blues.
Do you know Nakita??? She's a beautiful kitty that comes here to visit.

Welcome!!!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Donna! And what beautiful little ones you have. They look like kitties of the purebred variety

Cheers

Jenn (why can't Kittens have Avatars - wouldn't the moderators want to see a couple of crazy Russian Blues in motion!)

Originally Posted by dmcwlvssr

Welcome to the board and hello Jenn, Mik & Lex! I am donna proudly owned by Mischka & Linx and soon Sundance

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Stacey - your little ones certainly are cute! As soon as I graduate to the next level beyond *Kitten*, perhaps I will be able to attach files, so I will be trying very soon!

Cheers

Jenn, Mik & Lex

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Jenn, and welcome to TCS!

Russian Blues...lucky you! You can, at kitten level, post pictures (not as attachments). You can upload pictures to online hosting sites like Photobucket, Image Shack, etc. They will give you various url's that you can use for different purposes. You then copy and paste the url that have "img" tag on them in the body of your post, and they show up. In all honesty, I have no idea how...part of that internet "voodoo" that I don't understand.
As long as you keep the pictures on the hosting site, they will show up here. Personally I use Image Shack, they allow an unlimited amount of pictures, and it's free! My signature below is posted that way.

We're a bunch of picture-lovers here, so we eagerly await some of your babies! Again, Welcome!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Jenn, Sierra and I welcome you and your babies to TCS!
So glad you've joined us and look forward to getting to know each of you better!
I would be so happy to help you in any way as you learn your way around the site. Please, simply click on my user name and send me a Private Message!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly, and thanks for the tips!

I'm definitely looking forward to posting... I just have to have the pictures scanned and e-mailed so I can download them to my laptop (the only computer I own!).

Actually, my laptop bag has two purposes... 1. to actually carry the laptop in, and, 2. as a cat bed for my 5 y.o. RB Mik who sleeps on top of it while I'm online!
Actually, Mik has to be in the same room as me at all times, including the bathroom! He's a clingy monster kitty!

I look forward to posting some pics very soon, and actually, now that I've joined TCS, it has inspired me to take some current photos of my meowies.

Cheers

Jenn, Mik & Lex

Originally Posted by clixpix

Hi Jenn, and welcome to TCS!

Russian Blues...lucky you! You can, at kitten level, post pictures (not as attachments). You can upload pictures to online hosting sites like Photobucket, Image Shack, etc. They will give you various url's that you can use for different purposes. You then copy and paste the url that have "img" tag on them in the body of your post, and they show up. In all honesty, I have no idea how...part of that internet "voodoo" that I don't understand.
As long as you keep the pictures on the hosting site, they will show up here. Personally I use Image Shack, they allow an unlimited amount of pictures, and it's free! My signature below is posted that way.

We're a bunch of picture-lovers here, so we eagerly await some of your babies! Again, Welcome!