Human food that is ok for cats????

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lsanders

Wow, your cat's braver than I am!!

Stellar, garlic and onions, anything in that family, is toxic for cats- causes anemia in them. Any form of it- fresh, dehydrated, powdered. That's why you have to be careful if you ever give them baby food (like if they're sick or develop a sensitive stomach). A lot of baby foods have garlic or onion powder in them. Make sure the sausage you give your cat doesn't have any onion or garlic in it!

Well, I bought some very nice steaks to have on Christmas Eve with my fiance. Had the oven warming, had them sitting on the counter. Left the room to wait for the oven and hear a noise in the kitchen. Albus had knocked both steaks off the counter and onto the floor and was munching on one of them.
My floor was kinda icky and there was hair stuck to them, so I couldn't make myself eat them. The only place open at 8:00pm on Christmas Eve was our favorite sushi place, so we got that. Did NOT share with Albus. I did rinse the steaks off and put them back in the fridge and today I chopped them up, separated them into little portions and wrapped each portion in plastic wrap. Stuck them in the freezer to be used as an occasional treat.

I can give it to him raw, right?
yes .. but many wont eat it that way if not used to it ...

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know- he seemed pretty happy to be eating it raw off the floor the other night

He's killed mice in our house before and eaten them, so I don't think the rawness is an issue. Just wanted to make sure it was okay health-wise for him.