HUGE vibes needed!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Yes. The real estate management company was able to sign for her since they have authority over the property. I believe it is a county thing.
Nope, actually I just looked it up in the Florida Building Code Book....

Section 105.5-
"Work requiring a permit shall not commence until the permit holder or his agent posts the permit card in a conspicuous place on the premises.

The permit shall be maintained in such position by the permit holder until the Certificate of Occupancy or Completion is issued by the building official. "

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Nope, actually I just looked it up in the Florida Building Code Book....

Section 105.5-
"Work requiring a permit shall not commence until the permit holder or his agent posts the permit card in a conspicuous place on the premises.

The permit shall be maintained in such position by the permit holder until the Certificate of Occupancy or Completion is issued by the building official. "
What does it say about non-homestead owners?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

What does it say about non-homestead owners?
There are no specifications... that wouldn't make any difference though because the inspections have to be carried out all the same. We have to follow those guidelines and our clients are never homestead. I am not sure I understand what difference that would make.

The only reason I thought about that was because it was a way for you to know if the permit had been pulled in the future. If there is no permit, then refuse to start the work until there is. All of our subcontractors have me fax them a copy of the NOC and permit before they begin. That would be another helpful way to avoid it. It's too late to change it now, but looking forward at least it won't happen again