Huge purple stitch sticking out 15 days after spay?

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It has been quite an adventure dealing with two kittens that both had their spay relatively close together. Especially considering they were both done by different vets and had their incisions closed differently. One was closed with glue and the other one with sutures.

The little girl who got hers closed with glue is the one that is having issues though. She is 15 days healed, and there seems to be a massive purple stitch hanging out of the site. I didn't notice it until the other day when she had got her onesie off overnight and licked the dried blood off that was hiding this stitch.
I did take her back the minute I saw it to the vet that did her spay (shelter chose the vet, but their reviews are abysmal) and the desk people had stated that it would reabsorb at some point into her body, but I still want your guy's opinion just in case. I also plan to get the good vet who will be removing my second girl's stitches in a week and a half, to look at it too once we go to the appointment.

Also, I asked at the vet if she should be held back from jumping or playing too hard again considering the stitch, and they told me yes, no vigorous play. Which I feel bad about enforcing as I started letting her play normally 4/5 days ago. Not sure if that's necessary?

TYIA fellow cat lovers 🩷🐈🐱🐾

Attachments

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's an internal stitch. Reach out to the vet to let them know what's going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's an internal stitch. Reach out to the vet to let them know what's going on.
Really!? That's scary!! But like my post stated, I did take her back to that vet and they said it would dissolve and there was nothing to worry about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: I was hoping I'd get another answer here, but it seems I don't need one now. Kaiya got her onesie off and "snipped" the plastic stitch herself last night 🤦 it left behind a clean but tiny hole. contacted the Chewy vet yesterday for a second opinion after posting here, and they didn't seem concerned either and mentioned it could get cut off later if it didn't fall off itself.