Huge overdose of amoxicillin given to kitten

maisymouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help

I found three kittens without a mother, very small and hungry so I know she had been gone

Vet prescribed them .1 ML of amoxicillin and I’m a stupid idiot and gave them 1 ML for their first dose

Please help me

Closest emergency vet is 2.5 hours away and $255 per pet to be seen. I do not have funds to do this especially for cats that aren’t mine and I am trying to find a rescue to take them but it’s so hard because everywhere is full

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maisymouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are there animal poison centres you can ring for advice?
The only working number Ive found is for ASPCA and I just don’t have the $95 they ask for. At this point Im just praying nothing goes wrong until the vet they saw today opens up and hopefully he can give me direction. I feel terrible but I am flat out broke.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only working number Ive found is for ASPCA and I just don’t have the $95 they ask for. At this point Im just praying nothing goes wrong until the vet they saw today opens up and hopefully he can give me direction. I feel terrible but I am flat out broke.
$95 just for advice over the phone??? :confused2:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're still there, this number for Kansas State University Veterinary poison control used work and was free to talk to them, though there might be a long distance charge which shouldn't be much and will be on your phone bill.

1-785-532-5679