HUGE labor day plans. What about yours?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today Is going to be a really big day for me. I'm not sure I can cram all this in but I'm going to try.

1. watch Dirty Jobs marathon on Discovery
2. Hope my foster moma shows up
3. Take at least a 3 hour nap
4. eat
5. watch 5 hours of drag racing
6. take another nap
7. eat again
8. go to bed.

I should start working out. it's hard to keep this kind of schedule

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes I even had to pen an agenda so i'd remember it all

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
man today is gonna be fun

1.Laundry

2.Swimming!!

3.sunning!!

4.Spaghetti

5.Sleeeeep

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leaving in a little bit to meet the boyfriend for lunch since he had to work. It's okay though - he's getting paid double time and a half for working the holiday.
Then I'm going to Target to pick up some makeup and accessories for his sister's wedding in 2 weeks. I found a dress yesterday and I love it. Which is surprising because I'm not a dress person at all! Then I'm going to Petsmart to pick up a water fountain for the kitties. I've done some research on here about which to get, and I finally found one that I think will be good. So hopefully they like it. Cooking steaks tonight, but only on the George Foreman grill since we don't have a regular grill.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No big plans for me, I've got storm windows to paint, the fence guys are here now putting up a fence for my dogs, and I'm making stuffed pork chops on the grill tonight.

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We hope to get to the beach today. And there is the laundry and regular house work and getting the things ready for school because the kids start on Thursday and then I'll go to the shelter later today to volunteer and deliver some towels. I think we're going to grill hot dogs and brats tonight too.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

6. take another nap
Make sure to made a BIG reality this item!..
...I envy you my friend...
...Mexico doesn´t is a holiday today....

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I laughed when I read your post. Sounds like me!

Gee, got up and fed the cats, went back to sleep, got up and cleaned up cat vomit, went back to sleep, got up and took meds and got on the computer.

For the afternoon time is just more fun! Watch t.v., try and finish my book, sleep some more.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I invited another couple over for a WoW-BQ.
For those who aren't nerds like us, that's brats and burgers on the grill, World of Warcraft LAN in the living room. *snort*

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to make a pot of soup and freeze it into 1 cup portions. I also need to do 1 or 2 loads of laundry. I start my work trial tomorrow so I'll also have to dig out a lunch bag and pack up a lunch.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Labor Day

It's been good so far, the kitties let me sleep in this morning which is a miracle in itself.

This is the first day I have had off in a couple of weeks so I am going to enjoy it.
Not doing to much for the next couple of hours just watching a bit of TV and puttering at my Computer.
Heading over to my brothers around 4 for a BBQ, I made some potato salad and homemade guacamole, my sister is bringing some other types of salad and my brother will be cooking, burgers, chicken and pork loin..

One of my favorites are Tex-Mex burgers that we make with salsa, guacamole and Jalapeno Jack Cheese...

And of coarse tons of watermelon.

Should be fun

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've also got huge plans.
Eating, doing morning chores, reading, eating again, playing on computer, napping, playing on puter, eating. We MIGHT go to STICKY RIBS for supper tonight, but that depends on HER MAJESTY, my sister, if she wants to.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much here, slept late, surfed the morning away, will have a nice BBQ lunch with my hub, his sister, her husband and their daughter (if they ever get here!) then we're scanning and saving/reprinting some really old pics that she has in her picture box and some of ours that she wants copies of.......might be a late evening, lol!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Well today Is going to be a really big day for me. I'm not sure I can cram all this in but I'm going to try.

1. watch Dirty Jobs marathon on Discovery
2. Hope my foster moma shows up
3. Take at least a 3 hour nap
4. eat
5. watch 5 hours of drag racing
6. take another nap
7. eat again
8. go to bed.

Don't strain yourself! That's pretty much my schedule too. That's MY idea of a holiday! I do have to run into town to pick up some essentials, but other than that and some laundry it's going to be a lazy day. We might throw some ribs on the grill tonight but that's about it.

Oh, I'm still waking up, and you people grilling "brats"...my first thought was, "they're grilling their kids??? Ain't going to eat at their house!"
It just took a second for my brain to kick in. Think I need another cup of coffee!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeepers,
I've already, been to a job interview(and got the job!!! WOOHOO!) and now I'm off to my old job to put in my two weeks and work my shift.
Kind of a boring day...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went grocery shopping this morning
Brought Rob lunch at work
Went to our storage unit to drop stuff off
Went to the mall
Went to the hair salon & waited for an hour just for them to tell me they couldn't do what I wanted, I have to wait til Thurs.

Now I'm home waiting for Rob to get here. He's gonna grill t-bone steaks for dinner with creole seasoning and mashed potatoes

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is lazy

Woke up around 9:00
called newspaper to complain that my paper was wet.... AGAIN!

picked up a few things at the store
gonna watch TV and maybe nap some..

I am on vacation this week (don't have to go back to work until Sept 9th) so tomorrow is going to be laundry and Wednesday is doctor day. Then Thursday I need to pick up our rental car and go to Santa Barbara for a couple of days to visit DH family. I still need to talk to our neighbor about looking in on the girls while we are gone. I am sure that won't be a problem since we have looked after her big boy, Shadow.. a beautiful black kitty, twice now.