HS Reunion??

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would advise you to at least consider going. I graduated from a class of 500 people, and married someone who joined the Navy. So by the time my 10 year reunion came along, I was divorced, returning to school, had 2 kids, and was living with my parents. I didn't have anything to brag about...but thats not really my style anyways!

I found that many of the people who went to the 10 yr were from out of town...and some people were really fun to chat with again. And my class was always a bunch of goofballs. Our class president senior year organized an unchaperoned class trip to a dude ranch! (Not to many parents were ok with that! LOL!) Then at the reunion, the person who was nominated with the most unusual job was an undercover detective. So this girl stands up, and says, actually, I sell undercover wear...a lingerie home based party business! LOL! It was so perfect!

Last year was my 25th...it was wonderful! Two people from our class ended up marrying each other, and when they realized no one had organized anything, they planned a picnic for everyone. They just started calling people, and we each called everyone we still had contact with. (For me, that was 2 people, one of which is my cousin!) We all got together at a park in town where my family used to have family reunions. We brought hubbies and kids, and the kids had a great time. Only a handful of people were there, but it was really a fun day. And even if a few people who didn't really remember me, knew by brother (who still lives there) better...who cares? Now that I'm in my 40's I can accept that I never was and never will be the popular girl. But I did enjoy chatting with some people, and just spoke real briefly to the few who are still stuck in that high school mode!