How's your weather?

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gotta love Michigan weather:

(NEWS 3) - Todayâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s weather will certainly have people talking. Sunshine and a warm, southwest wind will push afternoon temperatures to near 50 degrees – nearly 20 degrees warmer than average.

The relatively mild, sunny weather wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t last. Another area of low pressure will be moving from the southern Plains to the Ohio Valley tonight, bringing plenty of moisture along. It will intersect a cold front moving across the Lower Peninsula Friday morning. Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll see increasingly cloudy skies tonight as the systems approach.

The precipitation will begin as rain late tonight becoming mixed with snow early Friday, turning to all snow with falling temperatures Friday afternoon.

Back to todayâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s weather: even if temperatures this afternoon reach the lower 50s, we wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t set a record for this date. Just one year ago, we were warmer.

Our high temperature on January 12, 2005, was 59 degrees. We had rain with strong thunderstorms late that night. The day before, January 11, between one and four inches of snow blanketed the area -- proof that the weather in West Michigan can go from one extreme to the other in a short period of time.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know exactly what you're talking about- I live just a little southeast of you near Cleveland, Ohio and we are experiencing the same thing... to tell you the truth its making me nervous! at this rate it will still be snowing in May!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hasn't it been nice not to have to drive with white knuckles though?

We've had colder days in August!!

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Similar story here. Just a few days ago, it was 39C (102). Yesterday, it was 25C (77) and rained all day. Tonight, it's COLD and 18C (64). Tomorrow's top temperature will be 22 (71)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its about 30* here, I wish it were colder. I figure that if its going to be cold - it might as well snow! We're supposed to get some snow today and tomorrow tho, woo hoo!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

Yes, but like Katie said, I am afraid we'll have snow very late this year.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

Amen!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's usually what our weather is like. This year, though, we are unseasonably dry and warm. We've been in the 50s-60s for the past few weeks. Today is a "cool down" to our more seasonable 40s. But we're right back into the upper 50s for the weekend.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but it sure doesn't feel like January! Not to mention, I think the Front Range is going to go up in a puff of smoke any day...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in Sioux Lookout which is in NW Ontario Canada and we have been seeing temperatures far above the norm as well. For January our daytime high should be anywhere from -13F to -31F. Today the temp is 28 degrees!!, we are so much warmer than the norm!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds about like us, except it's supposed to go up to 72*F today and be sunny all day. But rain and colder (cooler) on Friday/Saturday with highs in the low 50's and lows in the 20's/30's (which is actually about normal for this time of year.)

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
8th day of rain here. creek is flooded pasture underwater fun fun

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Georgia and it is BEAUTIFUL! It 70 degrees out there and the sun is shining. it is supposed to rain tomorrow though.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohio Valley here, Cincinnati. It's around 60 out, feels like Spring, nice & sunny. I love it, although, I am a tad weirded out by it? Makes me feel like hitting a festival & walking around with a beer in my hand.

I sorta wanted to play around in the snow more than just ONE day this winter! We've only had one really decent "snow day". However... the lack of snow means less struggling to get up my driveway & the prayers whispered as I slide all over the place on the way to work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

Ohio Valley here, Cincinnati. It's around 60 out, feels like Spring, nice & sunny. I love it, although, I am a tad weirded out by it? Makes me feel like hitting a festival & walking around with a beer in my hand.

I sorta wanted to play around in the snow more than just ONE day this winter! We've only had one really decent "snow day". However... the lack of snow means less struggling to get up my driveway & the prayers whispered as I slide all over the place on the way to work.

I'm sure we're not done with the snow.