Hows your office decorated?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We just got cubicles at work--used ones, but they're pretty nice. They're grey; and the desk area goes around like a "U", with cubbies overhead (that lock) and lots of drawers. Haven't had a chance to really decorate yet; I mostly have pics of my cats on the walls, work notes, and a few Asian calligraphy prints. I have a small silver vase, and I try to put fresh flowers in it each week. I don't like a cluttered work area, so I probably won't do much else--I hate having useless stuff on the desk surfaces (I only have a plant, a vase, and a small double frame with H's and my engagement photos in it--and a magazine file in the corner). Oh, I forgot, a box of tissues!

MargeCat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I think I'm gonna go w/ the black and white- I dont know if I want to try any color since my walls are already baby blue. I just have to figure out what kind of black & white pics to do. I was thinking a Paris theme... then I was thinking of just getting some nice black frames and doing black & whites of me, john, the family and the kitties, what do you think? I want to make it nice looking

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i think that'll look just fine... altho, since blue is a natural color [especially baby blue, like the sky] you could probably do color pix & they'd look just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i think that'll look just fine... altho, since blue is a natural color [especially baby blue, like the sky] you could probably do color pix & they'd look just fine.
Your right.... I'm so torn!
I just want something that looks mature/sophisticated

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I just hate an untidy desk.

I must show Helen (bella713) what you've said because she calls me Hazel because of the way i'm always doing my housework.

http://166.70.45.130/product_images/...71_100X100.jpg
Technically i SHOULD Have a clean desk seeing that I sit on a lot of important information about our network and passwords and stuff...but since everyone's family, they're pretty trustworthy. If someone really wanted something technically they have a share in the business, so they would wind up screwing themselves if anything happened.

Someday I will have a clean desk again.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see...In my part of the office (shared) On the left wall from me I have some timezone and title sheets...On my main desk i have my flat screen computer, the receptionist phone and board, I have artwork by Tyson Mcadoo taped to the wall, a blue bear with stars and moon silver sparkles, a pen holder, a marker holder, and all that other good supplies! I sit in front of a sliding window and on the ledge there is mints in a jar for clients...Next to me I have a table with a printer on it, a desk calender, and an organizer...Right behind that table there is a Bulletin Board divider (like a cubicle divider, to seperate me from another girl that shares my office)...On my Bulletin wall I have a Linkin Park picture (animated drawing), a picture of a Mercedes McLaren SLR, pictures of my kitties, picture of my bf and I, a picture of my dog (RIP), pictures of my sister and I at Ozzfest, A family picture, pictures from my cousin's wedding (was a bridesmaid), a calender, and a picture of my prelude...All Shiny! That about sums it up!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My office is a dark, secuded practice room in the basement of a music store! That other people use when I'm not there!

My other job I have a cubicle in a small office. The office is on the 13th floor of a big hoidy-toidy office builing downtown...we've decorated with modern paintings, our awards (I wish we would have won the Grammy, but we didn't!) and all of our concert posters and the recordings we've put out.