• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great Answers!...

Originally Posted by CoolCat

UUPS! here in Merida now we hava 34 degrees hot
you don´t to believe me but after some hours later,..fall a big rain here...
it was unexpectable & bring us a bit of fresh air!...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot & humid! It's 80* right now & supposed to get up to 90's. Blah, I'm sooo ready for autumn!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, Sunday is not at it's highest yet but it's supposed to be another humid, yucky day. I am getting ready to go to NYC to see a play on Broadway, am wearing the lightest outfit I have. I'm sure the theatre will have a/c going and so is the car but outside will not be pleasant. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pollÿanna

Where do you live? Looking at your photo in your signature, I would guess somewhere in Eastern Europe, but I can't figure out where.
We live in Germany, but have an old farmhouse in Hungary, about 100 km from Vienna, for vacations. The picture in my sig is of the Hungarian Parliament in Budapest, taken from the other side of the Danube.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

We live in Germany, but have an old farmhouse in Hungary, about 100 km from Vienna, for vacations. The picture in my sig is of the Hungarian Parliament in Budapest, taken from the other side of the Danube.
Ok.
It though it looked like that area.
I travelled there in 2006, stayed most of the time in Bratislava and in Heviz (in a spahotel for 3 days, we had to rest after all the travelling!
) but drove around that area and I really loved it!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been "cooler" the past few days.. only in the upper 90's
But next week is supposed to be the 100's again.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JazzyTheCat

I'm Australian, sorry about not saying that. What made you think I'm from NZ?

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.
probably something you [or someone else] posted. i was certain about Oceania, not sure which of the land masses.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty miserable around here - warmish (enough to go out in shirt sleeves without a jacket) but cloudy and raining on and off.

Everytime we consider getting the bikes out to go for a ride - the rain comes hmph! Managed to get a brief ride today.

Rain's a sure sign the cricket is on TV

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've had temps in the upper 90's all week with the heat index (due to high humidity) over 110F. Today we hit 100F and I think the heat index must be close to 120F right now. It's absolutely miserably hot outside right now.

If I go outside, it will be to jump into the swimming pool and nothing more.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having unusually cool weather for this time of year. It is in the pleasant high seventies, low eighties here but that is not what the persons who live here in Contra Costa county like. They like it hotter. Not me!

In San Francisco, it is down right cold with the fog. Maybe in the 60's.

Don't mind. The fire danger is lower with these temps.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hottest week of the summer started today. Temps to be upper 80's all week and very humid. Rain chances most days as well. Not used to these temps at all.

No a/c in the house so we survive with fans-can't wait for week to be over!

Kitties all sprawled out trying to get comfortable.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're pushing 90s again pretty much all week with lots of sun. It's not real humid right now, although the humidity is coming back later on this week. It's OK; after a while, we just learn to deal with it.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Currently 96°F with 49% Humidity. Partly cloudy but only a low chance of rain today but Thunderstorms expected tonight.

In other words, its hot. I'm staying inside with my AC.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a massive heat wave (breaking all the old temperature records measured here) which lasted for a month, it seems to be finally getting a bit cooler. Yesterday evening we had a huge thunderstorm which arrived very very quickly, the sky went black in couple of minutes and they had to close the airports for few hours. The lightning was amazing! I can't remember another storm quite like this, the worst was over in 20 minutes.
At the moment it's 3.30 am, slightly cloudy and the temperature is 20 degrees (68F). It will be getting hotter again in the end of the week, to around 30 degrees (86ish)..