HOW'S THE WEATHER in your place?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what the temperature is, but OMG! It's HOT!!! And humid!!

I have my air conditioner, thank goodness. I'm still hot the last couple of days, but no where near what I would be without it. I can't stand to open my apartment door because it's like a sauna in the hallway.

My air conditioner is working overtime right now. I cranked up the speed and turned the temperature down even further.

*fans self*

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It's so hot outside right now, that the coating on my peanut M&Ms is melting
Now, that's hot! And very sad, indeed.

Humid, humid, humid, with temps in the 90's. I hate this. We had a couple of days there where I could actually turn off the air conditioner, and slept with just a little rotating fan and the windows open - it was lovely.

We need rain so badly. We keep having huge dark clouds gathering around us, looking like it's going to storm, and then it completely passes over Manhattan and storms in Queens or Yonkers, or Jersey. I want a big, soaking storm that brings in cooler, dryer weather.

Oh, well, it'll pass, I guess.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

this is Fahrenheit, but i'll convert.
right now it's 87 [30]l earlier today it was 101 [38]; earlier this week [rained last evening, briefly] the 'feel like' [heat index] was 112 [44]; & on thursday i went to the grocery store @ around 2pm - it was 100 [37.8], w/an expected high of 104 [40].
basically, it's a fairly ordinary north Texas summer - we've had much hotter ones!
What are the dewpoints usually like down there? This summer whenever we are getting weather from the gulf area we have dewpoints in the 70's which is tropical. We just can't win...when our weather shifts and we start getting weather from the NW, it's all hazy and smokey because apparently there are fires burning in Canada.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we are going on our 12th straight day over 100F here is Dallas NOT happy about it

dave_ph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
High 80s to 92 some days here. As low as 78 along the coast at night.

I don't want to talk about humidity.

Just a warning, I'll be bringing this thread back up in December to gloat.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today it is hot and humid. With a side of hot, and humid.

No seriously its 98°F, Feels like 105°F. 64% Humidity. When I look at the weather report it just gives the numbers and says "Hot". Not "sunny" or "partly cloudy"... just "Hot". Oh and a chance of thunderstorms tonight, which is expected to not reduce the heat tomorrow, simply make it more steamy. Awesome.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very humid here! In the mid 90's but feels like 100+.......I feel for the trees and plants that are wilting all over NYC...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

What are the dewpoints usually like down there? This summer whenever we are getting weather from the gulf area we have dewpoints in the 70's which is tropical. We just can't win...when our weather shifts and we start getting weather from the NW, it's all hazy and smokey because apparently there are fires burning in Canada.
you mean humidity? usually fairly low - much drier than further south [houston, etc.]. not as dry as west tx, which is more like new mexico, arizona.
today the 'feel like' is 107F/actual temp is 100F/weather.com says "
Dangerous heat index. Outdoor exposure should be limited." of course, i mowed the lawn - but it was a few hours ago!