Howdy

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DRIVEN

Trust me, we felt the TCS wrath when we first posted about getting rid of them. We know how people feel here and they've said what they've needed to say.
Wrath? How about the truth? Not all of us have said what we need to say. Your cats probably do feel that they were "dumped", whether they actually were rehomed (Why the very sketchy details about their new home? You aren't normally so reticent.), taken to the nearest shelter, or abandoned. They were dumped in favor of your latest "toy", the puppy. Having had both dogs and cats, I know that dogs, in particular puppies, present a lot more work than even multiple cats. I also can't help wondering what is going to happen to the poor dog once the baby arrives.
This is a cat welfare site, and thus not a place where you can expect much understanding for irresponsible behavior.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jason again you have to understand that the members, moderators, mentors and administrators here are all passionate about one thing and thats cats!, because at the end of the day thats what were all here for, to share our pictures and our stories about them amongst other subjects.

So when we hear about kittens thinking that their going into a forever home, only to have them uprooted and even more confused then were sorry, but our priorities are with the kittens.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jason, I don't think you are understanding what we are saying. Just to clarify, the term "disposable" in relation to pets means the idea of getting rid of them when they become an inconvience. Here at TCS, the welfare of the cats is our number one concern. How can we stress the importance of being responsible pet owners but ignore the fact that yours were pushed to the side and that you entertain the idea of getting a couple more? I, personally, find it very disrespectful that you continue to post on a daily basis holding our views and opinions in such disregard.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DRIVEN

Trust me, we felt the TCS wrath when we first posted about getting rid of them. We know how people feel here and they've said what they've needed to say. And if we really thought the pets were disposable, we would have just dumped them, which we did NOT do. I promise you they are happier now, not because we didn't take care of them, but because their new owner has 100% dedication to them now. I admit, we probably weren't ready to get them, but what's done is done and nobody can go back and change it.

And we come back to this site because we enjoy most of the members here. We like to see pictures of their cats and other animals. There are probably tons of members just like us here that don't even have cats anymore. A site is made to be visited.
There is no wrath on our behalf. The only "wrath" was towards the poor cats when they were frivolously given away. You can't expect to treat an animal like an inconvenient toy and have any member here ignore it. There are NOT any members here who gave their cats away like you did, nor are there any who would. You are insulting our existing members by saying so and we have been getting complaints. Otherwise, this thread would not have been brought to our attention. The questions asked in this thread are perfectly valid and to be expected from people who care about cats. Once again, TheCatSite.comâ„¢ is dedicated to cat welfare. Therefore, this thread will remain open so that these questions may be answered.