How'd your kitty get their name?

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you looked at the pictures in the previous posting. . .

The orange cat is Molly. The other cat by herself is Tara. I had her put to sleep last year
I still miss her a lot. She was named Tara, because at the time I got her, I was going through a Gone with the Wind phase.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Faile looks like our Blackie. I love black kitties, even tho' they're supposed to be bad luck. I love that black nose best, and how they're invisible when they sleep.

Molly looks really teeny next to Faile, esp. in the milk crate. Is she really small, or was she just young?

vikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since kitties are good, I always say that any cat passing your path is good luck
. Hmm...nevermind that my cat is all white. But I didn't choose him; he just came to live with me out of happenstance. A friend sort of adopted him as a stray in Louisiana but since the friend was moving, he wasn't able to keep the cat. So, he and kitty hopped on a plane to come see me. Now kitty is a happy indoor purrball who doesn't seem to hold it against me that I subjected him to a 'life-changing'
experience at the vet and am constantly brushing his teeth, clipping his nails and the like...and cuddling him to pieces

Anyhow, I named the kitty Guimauve - which can be translated from French as "marshmallow". Well, he was a Cajun kitty...French is part of the Creole heritage...and he's all white. It made sense to me
. The funniest thing is trying to get people to say kitty's name right. The vet says the name all different ways but my favorite is 'Gweeie-move' . I often shorten the cat's name to Gui (sounds like the pronunciation of the name Guy in French). If all else falls, he's not offended by being called kitty.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunlion, It's supposed to be good luck to own, or be owned by, a black cat. Molly was just young in that picture, she is almost the same size, now, and will probably be fatter.
I was worried that she had worms when I first got her, because she had such a fat belly. The vet said she just likes to eat:tounge2: