How Would You Say Feral Kittens Act Compared To Stray Or Abandoned Kittens?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Say somewhere between 4-10 week feral kitten. Would it hide from humans, or would it be friendly? Would a friendly kitten around that age be instantly not considered a feral?

Also slightly unrelated question, but I understand that feral cats don't meow and only really hiss at humans, and that's more of a domesticated cat. But I assume baby feral kittens still meow for the mother when they're babies, so do they simply stop meowing in general after a certain point if they remain feral?

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something like this.

She was about 6 weeks old. This went on for two days. After four days she would come out and eat with me there. It was 10 days before I could pet her. She's a great kitty now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Something like this.

She was about 6 weeks old. This went on for two days. After four days she would come out and eat with me there. It was 10 days before I could pet her. She's a great kitty now.
Wow I've never seen something like that before. What did you do about her food and poop/pee for those 4 days?

A little sad I can't really see the kitten at all. Got any other photos or videos?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I know what it sounds like, it sounds like every kitten I had to foster when they were in my car arriving at my home. They were all very sweet after that, but the car ride was hell.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I've never seen something like that before. What did you do about her food and poop/pee for those 4 days?

A little sad I can't really see the kitten at all. Got any other photos or videos?
In the beginning she would eat as soon as we left the room. She took to the litter box right away. This is one of her first photos.

Figgy7c.jpg

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the beginning she would eat as soon as we left the room. She took to the litter box right away. This is one of her first photos.

View attachment 243368
Cute kitten, glad it worked out! Can't imagine the car rid home was peaceful when you first brought her home.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute kitten, glad it worked out! Can't imagine the car rid home was peaceful when you first brought her home.
She had been through a lot by then so she was pretty quiet.

She came out of the engine compartment of my wife's car at the local Jiffy Lube. She then got loose and tucked herself away behind a used oil tank, so we went home and came back with a trap. By the afternoon the guys there had her trapped and gave her to us. I took her to the vet for a checkup and a bath. She was covered with oil. That's all the condensed version, so by the time I was headed home with her she was pretty worn out. All the screeching started after she ate and napped. although there was a good bit of screeching during the ride from the Jiffy Lube to vet. They heard us coming. :D

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She had been through a lot by then so she was pretty quiet.

She came out of the engine compartment of my wife's car at the local Jiffy Lube. She then got loose and tucked herself away behind a used oil tank, so we went home and came back with a trap. By the afternoon the guys there had her trapped and gave her to us. I took her to the vet for a checkup and a bath. She was covered with oil. That's all the condensed version, so by the time I was headed home with her she was pretty worn out. All the screeching started after she ate and napped. although there was a good bit of screeching during the ride from the Jiffy Lube to vet. They heard us coming. :D
Yikes, glad to know she is at a better place now though! Any current videos of her?