How would you feel?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sam's such an angel (he has to be with you! haha) hey, she'll probably take it okay...she raised such a good guy!

Hugs,
Cat

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that someone talked to your MIL. Hopefully, now she won't ever touch your things again.

Something similar to that happened to me, but not as bad as what happened to you. Right after my husband and I got married, we lived with her for a few months until we could find a house. Well, we moved all our things in and I arranged everything the way that I wanted it in our two bedrooms. Anyways, one day I came home from work and she had moved all of my things that were on my desk, on my shelves, in my cabinets, in my closet and in the dresser and rearranged them the way that she wanted. I was so mad that I started to cry!

Well, I know that some of you will probably think that it was ok for her to do that since it was her house, but she didn't even ask me first or mention anything to me about it.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that thats happened to.

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spooky,

I would have to say she wasn't right for doing that. I mean this was the room that you were staying in and not her right? Hotels don't rearrange the clothes you put in the closets and drawers or your stuff you put on the bathroom counter. Even as a child my parents never went that far in my own room.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it was very respectful, but some people feel like it's their house so they can tell you how to live. Really, I once had a roommate who told me that I kept my bedroom messy because it bugged her, and that did my share of the chores a few at a time all week instead of all at once on Saturday morning because I didn't like the house to be clean. Some people have strange ideas about that stuff when you live with them.

Plus, if you're in your parents' home, sometimes they revert to your childhood. You might be an adult, but the last time you lived there you were a child, so they still act that way. I think it's annoying but understandable when it's their home, and completely out of line when they go to your home and do the same things.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really glad to hear your hubby went ahead and said something to her...maybe she will know not to ever do that again, now. Hopefully she won't take offense. Keep us posted.