How would you describe my 3 cats?

anne3007

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heya,

I have three cats and over here I think we'd call them 'European shorthair' .
However, I was wondering how you'd describe them. I don't really care about breeds or so, because all cats are beautful, aren't they? But I see some differences, obviously, and especially Lily is a cat with this typical big pointed ears. I think she is mixed with perhaps an Eastern breed or so ?

This is her. She has to lose some weight though. When she came here her head was smaller so she really looked like an Eastern mix breed. ;)

Lily

You see the difference between these pictures..The picture on the right is made about a year ago. She was a mommy cat and should gain some weight. I decided to keep her and since she is sterilized she gained a bit too much weight. I feel like a bad mommy now :( But we are working on it, and luckily she isn't WAY to fat. 

Daisy
Daisy is a shorthair tortoiseshell cat. She has the thickest fur of all my cats and also most cats I know. 

Pim

Pim is a black male cat. For a male cat he is quite small. He is not thin or so and he is a normal sized cat, but he is not one of the typical ' big and cool' male cats ;) 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWWWW - you have three very gorgeous kitties! I am partial to silver tabby and white shorthairs such as your Lily. Her face and ears are very striking!! I can't pinpoint a breed to go with any of them as they are all DSH mix kitties. Daisy is a lovely Tortie and your black male, Pim, is sleek and beautiful. Great photographic captures of each!! :clap:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

anne3007

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your nice reply!! That is so sweet :D
And very nice to hear :)

Lily was brought to a shelter when she had 5 kittens from approx 5 days old. I'm fostering cats for this shelter, so she and her kittens were my foster cats and after all the kittens went to their new home I decided to keep Lily since she really had- and has something special. Her kittens all have these big pointed ears. You might not see it very well on the pictures below. Can't find a clear picture so fast, guess I made too many pictures.. ;) But the first picture is her son called Bruce. He really looks like her, doesn't he? 
The second photo shows a photo of her daughter Fay. 
And the last photo shows a collage of the pictures I made when the kittens were small and some pictures the new owner sent me when they were a few months older. You can see two of her sons and one of them is Bruce again. ;)
I thought it was so cute they all had these big ears like Lily has :)

And Daisy and Pim are lovely too..and beautiful :) Like all cats actually haha! 

(Lily is also on this collage. Second row, second picture) ;)

harrie kd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have no idea about breeds, but your cats are lovely! I'm a fan of black cats so I loved seeing Pim!

anne3007

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)! I love black cats too, don't understand why black cats spend the longest time in shelters comparing to other cats..They bring luck!!! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(Lily is also on this collage. Second row, second picture) ;)
OH WHAT a beautiful and adorable photo collage! The one of Lily gave me the giggles. She is a very darling face and looks the silly girl.

AND I don't know if I could have resisted the GORGEOUS black tuxedo kitty - third row, first picture. :thud: STUNNING facial markings. They all DO have such big ears. DARLING!!! Thanks for brightening up my day with these pictures. :sun:

anne3007

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha thank you :) Very nice reply :D 
Perhaps I will post some more photos of them in a few days. I have a new laptop and most photos I made are still not on this laptop yet. They were all very special, on the in-and outside :) And Lily can be a bit silly sometimes haha, however, if someone is silly it is Daisy. ;) Lily is usually a very 'wise' cat, I don't know how to explain though