How/Why did you name you your cat that?

randdom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was going to call Tybby Widget until I got him home and then I decided he didn't look like a widget and he was so playfull and loved fighting with his string so I decided on Tybalt who in Romeo and Juliet is refered to as the prince of cats and is also always fighting so I thought it fit. This later became tybby I don't know how that happend.

snoopdog

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tiger: has many stripes

plush: she is as soft as a bunny.

garfield : she likes to eat, a real pizza fan.

boy: the one and olny boy of the group.

turbo : looks just like her dad who was named turbo.

zippy: the daredevil cat, she jumps from roof to roof over powerlines and is a fast girl.

pig pen: pig for short , When she was a baby and climbed up the chair to help me eat a tuna sandwich, she ate like a pig. she has a white face and a brown muzzle so it looks like her face is dirty.

pjalford

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well - I didn't exactly name Sukiey...

Actually - she was already named Suki when I adopted her; so as not to confuse her, I chose to keep the name and just adjust the spelling to Sukiey and give her a middle name of Greysean - a name I've liked for a while.

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Neo - inspired by the Matrix. I was driving up to Petsmart to buy some things for two new puppies I had adopted from my vet. I drove by some duplexes and spotted a litter of kittens with most of them being extremely sick. I grabbed as many as I could leaving two healthy kittens I couldn't catch and the mother. When I rescued the litter he was part of I didn't bother to count them as I grabbed them. When I went to the vet to get them cleaned up since they were feral and their eyes were matted shut due to severe URIs, I took 5 inside. I took them home and drove over to my parents a couple hours later to show them the new puppies I had also adopted the same day. When I got there I opened the passenger door only to spot a white furball underneath the seat which I missed the first time around when I took them into the vet. Amazingly enough as a result he walked out of the carrier when I got home completely calm and friendly while the others were still hiding.

Rogue - same litter, my girlfriend at the time named her that, but I really don't remember why.

Ugly - same litter, She is a calico that my roommate kept saying we should call her Ugly since he said she is. Surprisingly enough the name stuck especially since I couldn't come up with anything else and he insisted on calling her Ugly no matter what name I was trying. He was not a big cat person but of the three cats Ugly was and still is his favorite.

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cupid - has a very round, cherubic face!
Merlyn - she could disappear in a flash, just like a wizard.
Mew Mew - she used to meow in twos, always!
Spot - ...had spots (bengal)!
Wuzzy - named him before I could properly pronounce Fuzzy.
Zeebo - Short for Placebo, actually! He was a doppelganger of our old cat, Redcat.
Redcat - was orange, but I couldn't pronounce orange, so we used Red instead

Not sure what we are going to name the kittens when they come on Friday, but I have a few ideas!

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kitty- at first i didnt like cats when we found her so my sister wanted to name her midnight and i just called her "cat" then that turned into Kitty. i love cats to death now

Buddha- just never heard of a cat named Buddha so i thought i'd do it

Habusaki- my sister named her

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had a long like of Patches in our family so i named my Calico patches.& i named Alley after this adorable kitten on Webshots and she
looks exactly like her

sheffieldlass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
pisces because he was born in the sign of pisces & he looked like a cat that would like fish. he has one of those facial expresions that you see in adverts & stuff when cats watch fish swim round a bowl.