How well do you know your cat?

sumosmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Geisha has a very high-pitched little girly mew, has med-long fluffy hair, and weighs about 8 lbs. or more (sometimes she sits on my chest while I'm sleeping)!

Kuri is a loud Me-OWWW-er and he's very orange, short-haired, and about 4 lbs. He also likes to be around me a lot, and likes to sleep on my lap.

Both kitties were taken away too young, I think, from their mommas, but they have different habits: Geisha nurses on my clothing, while Kuri sucks his tail (like a thumb)! They're so different and both so cute and precious.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Night time is funny. I can tell who is walking on me because Rocky is 12 pounds and Zakk is 9 pounds. When Zakk is being snuggly he has a trill to his purr. Of course Rocky accopanies night snuggles with kisses. Rocky has silkier fur than Zakk. The kittens don't snuggle at night too much- Cookie will jump in bed once in awhile, and he has longish hair and is only 5 pounds. Suzie is the only cat with a bell- so we know where she is.
Other people have trouble remembering who's who with Zakk and Rocky- both black & white- i think it's easy. Rocky- bad eye, slightly chubby tuxie. Zakk- bicolor cow kitty with assymetric facial markings.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to hear from krazy kat 2 who can't tell her cats apart??

I can tell them apart by their meow, their behaviour, their looks, their purr and their specifiic habits!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spike and Oz are nothing at all alike, aside from both being cats. They feel different (Spike is leaner, his fur a bit coarser, while Oz is round and glossy), they sound completely different, they behave differently ... Spike is a perpetual kitten and a little bit like a puppy dog, whereas Oz is very cat-like and aloof. Never mind the fact that Spike is a skinny, lanky (picture a teenage boy after a growth spurt) orange and white tabby, while Oz is a short, stout brown/grey tabby. You can tell them apart in the dark, they're so very different from each other!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

I could`nt mark the shadow in the dark...cause in the dark i can`t see shadows or anything else for that matter....unless you mean their silowet in the semi dark...then i can tell them apart easily, even if I can`t see their color.I can tell them apart by the way their fur feels in the dark and the difference in the sound that their feet make on the hardwood. If one of them jumps up on me when I`m asleep. I can also tell , without openeing my eyes , who it is by the feel of the weight difference.
Linda
This is exactly how I am at night. Can't see my nose in front of my face, but I can tell who jumps on me & I can tell by feel. If I have my classes on I can tell in the dark by their silowet. Also, there are some behaviors that I can tell. If a garbage can or water bowl gets dumped it's Jordan, 98% of the time if paper is being chewed up it's Isaac, if someone is chewing on my fingers it's Levi, If someone is playing with the blinds it's Maggie.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well My Limerick is black and Able is Orange, but Able is blind in one eye, and has a hole in his soft pallet so his meow is alittle scratchy and his purr is really loud, plus he's a tad over weight. Limerick has a high pitched meow is tall and thin and has a quite purr. Plus Limerick is the one in my lap all the time.. haha

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
in the dark, they feel different [fur texture]; Pixel meows, Cable squeaks, & i have yet to hear anything from Java - she's very quiet! also, they're different sizes - Pixel's the biggest, Java's second & Cable's the smallest. & of course, in daylight, their coats are totally different looking!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for a few - but still voted "I can't tell them apart" because for the short haired black cats (4 of them) sometimes a glimpse will NOT tell me who it is.
For those cases - we have color coded collars.