How uncomfortable does your cat make you when sleeping?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG Nikki, I think your sketch is actually WORSE than mine!!
Isn't it aweful?? lol i have no drawing ability whatsoever
I can't even do stick people right
but it's kind of funny lol. I can paint kinda ok (but just flower pots
) well but that's it

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I just like your sketch!

Try sleeping with 4 cats. Molly literally sits on my forehead. Ophelia has to sleep between my body & my left arm. Damita has to have one paw & her face resting on my left leg. Dorky Fish wraps all his paws around my right arm!
Try NINE...

No wonder I feel like crap in the morning!

MargeCat

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I loveee these stories! Herc and Bubba..Now dubbed Bam Bam because he when he wants attention he knocks anything he can off of whatever he can...Anyways they normally sleep on my pillows at night but sometimes switch over to Daves side of the bed. But as soon as I get up for the day the move right into my spot...And there is no moving them. This weekend when I was getting ready for bed both cats would jump into my spot and start crying at me when I would move them so I could lay down. I actually gave in last night and slept on the floor so I didnt have to have them jumping on me in the middle of the night!!! The things we do for our feline furiends!!!!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Um, I can't sleep nekkid..I am single and live alone..and my worst nightmare is a robber coming in the night, and I am stark nekkid..that would not be good for me
I KNOW what you mean!!!

ONCE- JUST ONCE.... I decided to sleep naked cuz I did all my laundry at once and didn't have anything DRY or CLEAN to wear.. Middle of night, I woke up feeling all cats running off the bed then as I looked over the bed, the hall light came on!
I LIVE ALONE!!!

I kept telling myself that it couldn't be a robber/rapist cuz no one would be dumb enough to turn the hall light on..

I scrambled all over trying to find something to wear to cover myself up with then slowly crept out to see what was going on. *Splat Splat Splat*.. carpet was SOAKING WET..
I screamed bloody murder as a man walked out of my kitchen and toward me... What happened was that maintence received a call from the POOR ppl beneath me and they let themselves in to turn my kitchen water off. I forgot to pull the drain stopper from the kitchen sink and left the water running for like THREE HOURS... Imagine how WET the apt was... That's another story I won't go into.

I NEVER slept naked again!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sleep on my back, with a squishy pillow between my left arm and my body. Reggae lays on that pillow and on my arm/body. He usually lays his head on my face or sticks his paws out so they are touching my face. I find that I fall asleep faster when he is laying on me, than when he is not. I love my kitties!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

I KNOW what you mean!!!

ONCE- JUST ONCE.... I decided to sleep naked cuz I did all my laundry at once and didn't have anything DRY or CLEAN to wear.. Middle of night, I woke up feeling all cats running off the bed then as I looked over the bed, the hall light came on!
I LIVE ALONE!!!

I kept telling myself that it couldn't be a robber/rapist cuz no one would be dumb enough to turn the hall light on..

I scrambled all over trying to find something to wear to cover myself up with then slowly crept out to see what was going on. *Splat Splat Splat*.. carpet was SOAKING WET..
I screamed bloody murder as a man walked out of my kitchen and toward me... What happened was that maintence received a call from the POOR ppl beneath me and they let themselves in to turn my kitchen water off. I forgot to pull the drain stopper from the kitchen sink and left the water running for like THREE HOURS... Imagine how WET the apt was... That's another story I won't go into.

OMG
I would have screamed so loud if there was a man in my place, and I was naked!!
You must have been SO SCARED!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

And the kicker is.....I didn't include all of the toys that Maggie and Lola bring onto the bed every night. I usually sit up, grab the toy, stuff it under the pillow, and go back to sleep. Sometimes I end up with a half dozen toys under my pillow in the morning!!!
What a mental image! Thankfully, the toys at night thing is a rarity in my house.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I KNOW what you mean!!!

I LIVE ALONE!!!

This is why I always reach for something heavy or sharp before investingating anything interesting at night.

*Is paranoid*

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are two of the most common positions I sleep in. I tend to only move a few times a night (I didn't move at all until I was nearly fifteen; odd, I know). I spend 90% or more of my sleeping time on my left side (as depicted in the first picture) - probably 98% over the course of my life (I think that's why I started moving around fifteen - before then I could sleep on my left side and face outwards (towards any threats), but after then I could do one of the other, but not both.

Anyway. Sometimes when I'm turning I get trapped by Molly, flat on my back, hence ending up in the second position.

Sláine does not sleep with us at night, though she will nap with me during the day sometimes.

I'm on the dexter side of both images.

The gap between our pillows? Really exists - well, it's filled with another pillow to keep BF's foreys into my territory with his non-disciplined sleep self. It's rare, but he's wacked my nose (very sensitive, once very badly broken) more than once over the years, and we've just given in to the facts of life.

BF has ZERO discipline when he's asleep. Honestly.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Pamela... I so understand. Here's my story:

Many long years ago in Austin, when I was young and slim and cute, I moved into a new apartment -- first time I'd ever lived on the ground floor, and sure enough, the place was burglarized the third week I lived there.
They took my fabulous Technics stereo, my brand-new camera, and my electric typewriter.

My parents, bless their hearts, gave me a burglar alarm system, so I wouldn't feel so vulnerable -- the kind with radio transmitters that you stick up beside your doors and windows. I installed it, and it worked fine. I felt safe again.

So safe that, on hot summer nights, I occasionally slept in the altogether so I wouldn't have to run the AC so much. On one such night, I was awakened by a loud thump from the window beside my bed, and when I looked in that direction, I saw the curtain moving.

And then the alarm went off.

I leapt up and raced into the living room to dial 911 -- sirens blasting indoors and out, knife-wielding psychopath about to burst out of the bedroom any second, and me standing there stark naked and shaking like a leaf.

After about a minute with the 911 operator, it became apparent that the intruder must have been scared off by the sirens... so with the assurance that the police were on their way, I laid the phone down, grabbed a cast iron skillet from the kitchen, and tiptoed into the bedroom for a robe. By the time I got back to the phone to assure the dispatcher that I had not been murdered, the police were at the door... and I was never so glad to see them in my life!

They investigated and discovered... to my further humiliation... that there had been no knife-wielding psychopath after all. The humid summer air had simply caused the adhesive on the bedroom window alarm unit to let go, and it had fallen off... causing the thump, the swaying curtain, and the (fortunately) false alarm.

But just like you, Pamela, I NEVER slept naked again!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep with 2 cats (and a dog, my other dog sleeps in her bed next to mine). The kitties mostly like to be inbetween my calves or ankles or on my hip. Sometimes on my pillow next to me.
I don't have a sketch but I'll consider making one.