How to tell if an over weight cat needs help

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone else's indoor/outdoo very sweet orange white Male tabby,fixed. Once stray He has been taken care of for 3 yrs. Maybe longer Probably well over 20 pds. People leave this apt a lot and leave cats. He seems ok now. I plan on following him home and talk to the lady. Maybe she's old. I could try playing with him. I have tons of wand toys I put together. I am curious if he sees a vet and has been tested

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overweight? Bulging tummy or just big and muscled? I have some heavy cats too but they are large more than fat. I also have one with a big butt! Lol He is very active but he just has “junk in his trunk.” I hope you can find out about that kitty. Healthy and maybe just needs someone to play. Very glad you are watching out for him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Peaches let's me know when he shows up. He is overweight and bulging tummy. Tiny eyes. It was weird picking up my 7 pd cat then him! Curious how to tell when a cat that is overweight is no longer being fed. I took Coco to look out. She is hiding behind my couch

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just noticed I double posted! I forgot I had done it before!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through some other threads and found a body chart. It varies according to breed and age but there is a guideline you can use if you go into the link and down a couple of posts.
Of course, health plays a big part in body shape. There are conditiknd that can make a kitty tummy bulge. The first one that all outdoor cats face is worms! A vet check would be the best way to answer any questions. OF you can do that. Perhaps the owner already knows and is addressing this? I hope you can figure it all out. Maybe the owner needs a little help?
Is Tiggy ...Twiggy or a Piggy

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through some other threads and found a body chart. It varies according to breed and age but there is a guideline you can use if you go into the link and down a couple of posts.
Of course, health plays a big part in body shape. There are conditiknd that can make a kitty tummy bulge. The first one that all outdoor cats face is worms! A vet check would be the best way to answer any questions. OF you can do that. Perhaps the owner already knows and is addressing this? I hope you can figure it all out. Maybe the owner needs a little help?
Is Tiggy ...Twiggy or a Piggy
Thanks! I will get pics tomorrow and follow him home.