How to stop my neighbours cat sneaking in our home

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its been a while since i've posted here but remember getting helpful advice before so ive come for help!

Its boiling hot in our home at the moment so we have our garden door open plus our children playoutside allot and are in and out so impossible for us to keep the door shut in the heat of the day but unfortunately or neighbours over friendly cat keeps sneaking in the house and driving our two cats nuts.

Our neighbour suggested spraying him with water when he came in but it doesnt seem to bother him at all.

Is there anything else we can try to keep him out from the house with out having to cook ourselves in our own home, its really becoming a problem.

Has anyone else experienced a situation like this?

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you considered installing a screen door? They make ones with nothing but mesh and a frame that would let the air travel.

If not that, perhaps you could nail a sticky pad about the size of a welcome mat to the floor? You could ask house members to step over it, and the cat wouldn't want to walk on it :)

Hope this helps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah thank you i'll look in to the screens that might be a good idea, it wouldn't be as much of a problem if i didnt have cats myself