How to stop her from making her own cat door?

ryversong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Voodoo and Loki are both supposed to be inside cats. We moved to a property on the outskirts of town, set back from the road, surrounded by fields of grass and trees. You know, prey area. We have 4 human kids under 10, and the cats both like to dart in/out the door when it's opened. But Voodoo has taken it a step further, she'll jump up the screen door(glass on bottom) and shred the screen to get out. She shredded our bedroom screen to get back in when she got out during our vacation when the pet sitter came to feed them. We tried the pet safe screen, but it did nothing. Obviously, there's no shelf on the door where I can try the sssscat or anything like a pan of water. I tried a spray bottle, but she just waits until we're occupied, then jumps up, slices and is gone before we get to her. 

I need suggestions of how to keep the screen intact lol. 

Thanks in advance. 

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Use "real" screen and have it professionally installed so it will be tight.   I suggest having a glass shop do it all, and specify real heavy duty screen.  (screen comes in many quality variations).
You may even be able to get them to fabricate or somehow install chicken wire on the inside.

We have a screened in porch, and a sunroom. Both rooms have two walls that are screen.
The sunroom has silver screen that's at least 40 years old.
The porch has some of that pretty dark colored screen that I found at Lowes.

Sunroom is un-phased.
Back porch is shredded.   BUT, on the back porch we installed chicken wire to keep a dog or something from coming in and attacking kitty at night, or while we were gone.  We just assumed kitty would stop shredding screen when he got older and the chicken wire was a temp fix due to some dogs.

It doesn't look bad though. (thought it would).
Now that he's grown, I just need to re-screen with something good quality.  And re-do the chicken wire so that it looks more permanent (looks okay, but, I can make it prettier)