How to prepare salmon???

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A very simple and effective approach, when grilling, is to brush grill and fish with a little olive oil, sprinkle fish with lots of freshly ground black pepper and a little ground anise, and use the 10-minute rule, i.e. no more than 10 minutes total cooking time per inch thickness (I prefer slightly less time, actually). Flip steaks about halfway through time, fillets slightly longer on first side. Incidentally, fillets will lift off the skin, when you turn them, and you can discard the skin and serve skinless fillets with no fuss. Very tasty, and butter soft.

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never grilled salmon, I usually broil it. My favorite way is a little butter, italian seasoning, garlic, and some romano cheese. Yummmmm.

How did grilling work yesterday Gail??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used AL foil, and drizzled melted butter,lemon juice, fresh ground pepper and Chesapeake Bay seasoning (just like Old Bay except from www.Penzey's.com!!)
Put on grill for about 11 minutes. It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neil couldn't seem to taste a difference between this fresh from Alaska and the usual frozen farm raised stuff we buy. He just doesn't have as good as taste buds as mine I guess. The grilled asparagus was yummy too!! Only 19 more days of that for the year so I better enjoy it.
Thanks for all the tips!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i use either a olive oil and herb mix brushed on or brown sugar and honey brushed on... grill till flakey