How to please a cats taste?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She isn't eating well, but want those lickables fancy feast, but that is expensive. She's just licking her wet food but not eating it. How do I please her , I was able to hand feed some kibbles but she does not like water even if I add it to her wet catfood.

Is it safe to feed her fancy feast fish flavor or will she get uti? She had past uti infections, but I feel like she's getting bored of her food. I won't be able to see the vet until Wednesday because 2 vet are booked. I'm just so worried

She is 15

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any food is fine, even seafood based ones. A few days of seafood won't cause any harm or urinary issues. Your cat needs to eat something. Have you tried mushing up canned food with water until it's soupy? That way your cat can just lick it up and not have to chew. Try crushing up treats and using them as a topper. FortiFlora also works.

Make sure the vet checks the teeth. Dental issues are painful and can result in a cat not wanting to eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's dental problems. She had a tooth pulled out in December and a cleaning. She doesn't like water I tried soupy method , but it seems my cat goes ew to it

Any food is fine, even seafood based ones. A few days of seafood won't cause any harm or urinary issues. Your cat needs to eat something. Have you tried mushing up canned food with water until it's soupy? That way your cat can just lick it up and not have to chew. Try crushing up treats and using them as a topper. FortiFlora also works.

Make sure the vet checks the teeth. Dental issues are painful and can result in a cat not wanting to eat.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a "mousse" like food? Weruva's hydrating purees are that consistency. I know Tiki cat has one too

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried tiki but my cat doesn't like it. Are there different brands of weruva?

Have you tried a "mousse" like food? Weruva's hydrating purees are that consistency. I know Tiki cat has one too

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
She isn't eating well, but want those lickables fancy feast, but that is expensive. She's just licking her wet food but not eating it. How do I please her , I was able to hand feed some kibbles but she does not like water even if I add it to her wet catfood.

Is it safe to feed her fancy feast fish flavor or will she get uti? She had past uti infections, but I feel like she's getting bored of her food. I won't be able to see the vet until Wednesday because 2 vet are booked. I'm just so worried

She is 15
Whenever my cat is nauseous she slowly licks her food. If that's what she's doing she may need to see a vet. It could also be texture,flavor,how it's served. My cat will only eat her canned food if it's in a mound,not flattened. It could also be the bowl or location. If her litterboxes are covered,uncover them so you can watch

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah my cat won't be able to see a vet though until Wednesday I don't drive and they are the closest that takes care credit. She did vomit once. Thought it may be constipation so she got pumpkin

Whenever my cat is nauseous she slowly licks her food. If that's what she's doing she may need to see a vet. It could also be texture,flavor,how it's served. My cat will only eat her canned food if it's in a mound,not flattened. It could also be the bowl or location. If her litterboxes are covered,uncover them so you can watch

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried tiki but my cat doesn't like it. Are there different brands of weruva?
Weruva has about 4 varieties. I'd go directly to their site. It's one of the easier sites to filter (I have to do fish free). They have in can and pouch.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah my cat won't be able to see a vet though until Wednesday I don't drive and they are the closest that takes care credit. She did vomit once. Thought it may be constipation so she got pumpkin
I was unable to drive for 3 months. Call uber if it's an emergency though it will be expensive

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are ubers safe? I have anxiety of those because I hear ppl get sexual assault lime that

I was unable to drive for 3 months. Call uber if it's an emergency though it will be expensive

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Are ubers safe? I have anxiety of those because I hear ppl get sexual assault lime that
On your phone it will say the drivers license number and exactly when and where they will pick you up. They should say your name when you get in otherwise ask. I used them for 3 months. Never had any trouble. You will have to Google about bringing pets. It is aloud but not sure how much

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took Ubers about 5 times. Mostly with car issues and max 15 min drive but last summer I took one one to the medical center for a procedure. It was a 45 min drive and just fine (my sister picked me up later because they wouldn't release me to a rideshare).

All of my rides were daytime which helped me feel more comfortable.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well my cat likes stinky food from aldi. Seems the smell attracts her nose. If anyone can recommend a stinky smell cat food, do tell me lol

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well my cat likes stinky food from aldi. Seems the smell attracts her nose. If anyone can recommend a stinky smell cat food, do tell me lol
Any chance of mixing the Aldi food she like with other foods (mostly Aldi and less something else at first, the gradually more of the other food and less of the Aldi)?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll try. But she cleaned up the bowl real good. It may hide the other flavor smell. So maybe i can easily trick her

Any chance of mixing the Aldi food she like with other foods (mostly Aldi and less something else at first, the gradually more of the other food and less of the Aldi)?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mixing it even a tiny bit , she could tell 😭. Maybe she will want the other food. She did wanted turkey and giblets but became so picky that I kept changing.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I only take Uber / Lyft during the day and never had any problem. Assaults tend to happen late at night IMO.

When you request a ride and get the driver confirmation, you are given the name and picture of the driver and the car model and license plate number. Always check that the car that pulls up and claims to be your ride matches the information that is on the app. Both Uber and Lyft have a security feature that has the driver to ask for a code on your ride confirmation screen. The code is entered into the driver's app and allows the ride to start. It might be a feature you have to enable in the app. If you have the security feature enabled and the driver doesn't ask for the code and just drives, you should call the police.

Uber does allow pets. There's an Uber Pet option when you select the type of ride. The service does cost more. You can also just request a regular Uber and immediately notify the driver that you have a pet with you. That gives the driver a heads up and they can cancel the ride if they don't want a pet in the car for whatever reason. Uber Help Lyft has the same policy.

Maybe you can ask a neighbor or friend to drive you to the vet?

:hijack:

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well my cat is obviously healthy, just a stubborn picky eater. Why are cats like this. I tried solid gold broth topper. All she does was lick it. I don't get it, why like this brand chicken than other brand. But if it has chicken liver in fancy feast she will clean that plate good. She also likes special kitty.

But her absolute favorite is fancy feast chicken liver, chewy rarely has it in stock

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well my cat is obviously healthy, just a stubborn picky eater. Why are cats like this. I tried solid gold broth topper. All she does was lick it. I don't get it, why like this brand chicken than other brand. But if it has chicken liver in fancy feast she will clean that plate good. She also likes special kitty. But her absolute favorite is fancy feast chicken liver, chewy rarely has it in stock
Too funny, you should mention FF chicken liver - used to be one of Feeby's favorites (pate, that is). I couldn't find it for the longest time, but recently found it again at my local Pet Supplies Plus. Sadly, now, she doesn't seem to like it quite as much as she did - no idea why. I believe online at PetSmart also started having it back in stock recently.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat use to love chicken. But now she rather have aldis chicken. She been stubborn on food just because I haven't seen her fav. If I do I find 6 or 8 twice a month

Too funny, you should mention FF chicken liver - used to be one of Feeby's favorites (pate, that is). I couldn't find it for the longest time, but recently found it again at my local Pet Supplies Plus. Sadly, now, she doesn't seem to like it quite as much as she did - no idea why. I believe online at PetSmart also started having it back in stock recently.