How to naturally get rid of fleas on a kitten?

Katelyn K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiya, it’s me again. So far no update on catching Bastet, although she has actually let me pet her a bit when I feed her now. She flinches when I do it though, but it’s progress to her trusting me.

Also recently Taffy my kitten has actually come inside with me and laid on the couch, upon closer inspection I’ve noticed Taffy has a few fleas. I want to cure her of them before it becomes a problem, I’ve heard kittens don’t react well to artificial treatments like pills and stuff.

Is there any natural ways I can get them off her without hurting her? I’ve heard washing her with warm water and soap would be good, but I just wanted to ask for advice before I try anything.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dish soap bath and a good combing are the best options for a kitten if you want to avoid flea medication. Capstar tablets are typically okay for kittens over the age of four weeks.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dawn Original dish soap is safe to use. Only use a tiny bit and rinse well and thoroughly dry the kitten afterwards.

Your kitten may need a flea treatment / preventative when she is old enough, usually about 12 weeks old. Ask the vet for a recommended product. Revolution is a popular prescription brand.

There are some general homemade flea remedies here: Homemade Flea Remedies For Cats – TheCatSite Articles