How to make your own siggy

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few people have asked about how to make their own siggies so I made a short and simple tutorial here (for photoshop only)

(and I am sure there are better ones out there if you want a more complex siggy - and lots of the siggy makers use different tools and may be able to help you if this does not match your style)

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is excellent
I wish I'd had that when I started.
Anne

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a really good tutorial!! Maybe if I get a computer sometime soon I will be able to get photoshop and start making some!! You make it look like I would be able to handle some simple ones!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have CS so its probably different but I chose my colours in the palette as usual and went to filter > render > clouds and it makes the base background

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

A few people have asked about how to make their own siggies so I made a short and simple tutorial here (for photoshop only)

(and I am sure there are better ones out there if you want a more complex siggy - and lots of the siggy makers use different tools and may be able to help you if this does not match your style)
Yes it was very nice of you to go to the trouble, now I may try it and if it doesn't work I'll just suffer in peace
It doesn't look that hard
would the photoshop elements have the things you used? I'm still debateing about getting that program I know the regular photoshop is expensive and if I can't do it then I would be more then sad

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for posting that info!!, I'm not very good with that sort of thing...but this will help so much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Yes it was very nice of you to go to the trouble, now I may try it and if it doesn't work I'll just suffer in peace
It doesn't look that hard
would the photoshop elements have the things you used? I'm still debateing about getting that program I know the regular photoshop is expensive and if I can't do it then I would be more then sad
That is a pretty simple siggy but a good starting place and once you can do the basics you can play a little more with the different layer types and brushes etc.
I think Elements has most of the same things, it will probably have everything mentioned in the tutorial - but not the more advanced things that I didn't include to begin with - someone with elements could probably answer better

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great help! I think it sould be sticky.

Thanks... runs off to make a siggy.

tigger42065

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'm new to TCS, my best friend is Bella713 (Helen) and she introduced me to this cool cat site. So many nice people have made me sigs but I have no idea how to get them on as my sig now.

I just read your tutorial on photoshop and it was so thorough and simply presented I feel like I could actually try one sometime if I had photoshop...
I was wondering if you would be able to write up a tutorial like the one you did for photoshop on how to get your sig posted properly?

Thank you for your help and input!

Ann : )