how to keep cat from clawing through window screen!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silly_ goose

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cmedeiros17

Looks great! Glad you found a solution
thank you. i was just TOO excited about it. i love the fall weather!!!!

erica1727

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am having the exact same problem with my one cat who is doing the same thing in my apartment.  I have already replaced 3 screens in 2 weeks of being there.  I don't have ac so I need to find a solution fast.  I only had my window open 3 inches and she managed to squeeze herself out this morning at 3AM and then trying to get her back in was almost impossible.  At least she comes back when she hears treats.  I'll keep searching for ideas.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having the exact same problem with my one cat who is doing the same thing in my apartment.  I have already replaced 3 screens in 2 weeks of being there.  I don't have ac so I need to find a solution fast.  I only had my window open 3 inches and she managed to squeeze herself out this morning at 3AM and then trying to get her back in was almost impossible.  At least she comes back when she hears treats.  I'll keep searching for ideas.
Are you able to go to a home supply store and purchase the shelving information that was posted in my post - #20?  They will cut it to the length that you require I would think.

There are other great ideas here, too.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! There are several good ideas for you to try in this thread. Let us know what ends up working best for you.

apartmentcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Put an oven or bbq rack in front of your window like little jail bars? Also cats hate the sound of aluminum foil, so you could put some of that on your window ledge. 

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't know if this would be practical for you but I believe you can get screens redone in a heavier gauge screen that should solve the problem...

iluvorange-cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was never able to get my cat to leave the screen alone and I finally had to replace it with a heavy metal mesh screen.