How To Introduce My New Cat To My Resident Cat?

gendisniskalla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A little back story over here, I have a cat named Burcil. She’s a turkish angora, 6 months old. She lived with me in a how do I say this place... Its like only 1 room with 1 bathroom. And it was holiday season I have to go to my parents house for a week so I brought her with me. Unfortunately my dad hates cat and I have to moved her to my boyfriend’s house. Placed in his brother room.
The next day my boyfriend bought a new cat. He is 3 months old british short hair and my boyfriend placed him to his room.
I confused. Completely confused. How do I introduce those 2 cats? She hissed at him every time he wants to approach her. She obviously smelled at his food and even his litter box. But she still hisses and I guess she’s sad because I can see it through her eyes and her attitude that she’s pissed.

Sorry if it’s so long but I can’t help it I’m lost and confused. Please help me! Thank you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here are a couple of articles on getting these guys introduced properly and living together comfortably.

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Introducing Cats To Dogs

ALL cats are pissed to some degree when another cat moves in on their territory, but with time and patience, these two can learn to get along just fine! Don't push them, it takes as long as it takes, and is different with every group of cats who are just getting to know each other. Give your girl lots of love. I promise she won't hate you for this!