How to get rid of a zit

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't over do it with zit meds cause it will dry it out & make it worst. The best thing to do is leave it alone. If you try new face washes or medicines you might irritate your skin more. I would stick to one trick and hot compress.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Daughter is on BCP and it has helped her outbreaks.My Gyn told me that is one of the wonderful things about BCPs!
Nat, I pop them too.My face is so broken out right now.I look like a teenager.I use Wal-Mart brand Zit meds and then some witch hazel to make them go away faster.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try some hydrocortisone if you made it angry. I also use that clear stuff that you put on it, the spot treatment, it really does work.

I have learned the hard way (I don't get them often, but when I do they're vicous!) not to mess with them. I had to miss school once to go to the dermatologist and when I got there even the nurse wouldn't believe it was just a zit. It was on my nose and my EYE was swollen from it.

Anyway, when they're actually ready all you have to do is pull your skin apart like you're going to tweeze something.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Try some hydrocortisone if you made it angry. I also use that clear stuff that you put on it, the spot treatment, it really does work.

I have learned the hard way (I don't get them often, but when I do they're vicous!) not to mess with them. I had to miss school once to go to the dermatologist and when I got there even the nurse wouldn't believe it was just a zit. It was on my nose and my EYE was swollen from it.

Anyway, when they're actually ready all you have to do is pull your skin apart like you're going to tweeze something.
I agree about the hydrocortisone. (Witch hazel should do the same thing.) But personally, I'm of the opinion that no matter what you do, it's time that makes them go away, and if you can keep your hands off it, it will go away faster. (I just had a really annoying one right on my chin!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I went to the drugstore today and bought hydrocortisone cream, visine and witch hazel...

So, that makes 5 different types of goo on my face right now...clearisil spot acne gel, toothpaste, hydro cream, witch hazel and visine

That sucker is toast

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have a wedding this coming weekend..and a couple of unwelcome zits to boot!

Can you tell me your zit-zapping secrets please?

Thanks guys!

(I am so annoyed, I started getting pimples when I turned 25
)
I'm in exactly the same boat as you!! My bro is getting married on Saturday and any other tips would be welcome for me too!!

So far I've given up on the toothpaste on the zit over night trick (I burn my skin)... and I'm hoping that my benzoyl peroxide cream will kick in soon

HEEELP!!