How To Get Help For My Rescue Cats And Kittens

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I have been rescuing cats for a while now. I now have about 9 kittens and 3 adult cats. However I am unable to afford food and vet care for all of them. I have tried finding good homes for the kittens, however people here dont seem to be interested in adopting cats and the few who like cats are not willing to adopt the local breeds. The local shelter only takes injured ones as they are almost always over occupied. I thought of setting up a go fund me page however they are not active in India. I have run out of all my options and I may have to abandon or put down most of them because of my financial condition. I love them a lot. Please suggest me what I can do ?

Regards,
Shilpa

Attachments

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're in this position. It's always heartbreaking to be in this kind of position :( I'm afraid I don't know of financial resources or care organisations in India. It sounds like your best option is to continue to try to rehome these kitties. Sometimes vets can help with rehoming (in the uk at least), so it might be worth talking to your vet to see if they know of any homes or resources you've not found. Sometimes vets will work with you on payment plans too, so that's worth at least asking about.

What are you feeding them all at the moment? Sometimes homemade food can work out cheaper than commercial food, so that might be worth investigating. Also, is there anywhere you could buy cat food in bulk and so get a better price?

It sounds like rehoming is still your best option. How have you been looking for homes so far? Sometimes Facebook or other social media sites can be good ways to reach a larger number of people, so increasing your chances of finding homes.

I'm so sorry I can't be of more help :(

kskatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you been able to do a search for rescue and/or TNR groups in your area? I know nothing about India. Do you have any friends in America, or any other country that has GoFundMe, or one like it, that could start a page for you? My heart breaks for you and your kitties.:sniffle: