How to get a stray cats hair back to shape

myia09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=235739

I took in a stray, and she has all her health checked out okay.
She is a bit of a small eater, and a pound underweight. The doctor told me to feed what I am feeding now, and she will get to normal weight (She isn't so skinny it's concerning)

So she gets 5oz of wellness grain free or Evo grain free a day, along with 1 Natures Variety Medallion and maybe some raw chicken. She usually leaves a bit of the medallion/chicken left over.

She is black with long hair, and it is in tough condition. I had to give her a flea/tick bath just in case, and I brush her every night. She has dandruff from what the vet said is just poor diet.

I went out and bought 2 different types of "Skin and coat" treats, and she is eating them. I know there is also fish oil, but I am afraid if I put it on her food she won't eat it.

Any advice?

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have a lot of experience with this issue, but my guess is that her coat will improve as her diet improves. (It sounds as if you're feeding her some high-quality food!)

Does she have any mats? You probably would have said if so, but you do want to take care of those if she does; if they get bad enough, they can become painful for her.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The diet you are feeding should increase her coat quality greatly, you should see results after about a month.

And as I see you are in Arizona as well, adding some cool mist humidifiers will also help with the dry skin/dandruff issues.