How to describe my girl

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Your cat is gorgeous!!!!! She is a DLH (domestic longhair) with pattern/coloring which, to me, appears to be that of a dilute torbie (tortoiseshell-tabby). The "M" mark on her forehead, along with her stripes, is indicative of tabby patterns. The tortoiseshell labeling comes from the indistinct markings on part of her body. The dilute merely means she has muted, soft, less intense coloring. What did you name her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RuthieL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Your cat is gorgeous!!!!! She is a DLH (domestic longhair) with pattern/coloring which, to me, appears to be that of a dilute torbie (tortoiseshell-tabby). The "M" mark on her forehead, along with her stripes, is indicative of tabby patterns. The tortoiseshell labeling comes from the indistinct markings on part of her body. The dilute merely means she has muted, soft, less intense coloring. What did you name her?
Hi thank you!! I named her Ruthie but we call her Miss Meep right now because her vocalizations are very dainty! I know she has tabby stripes, but I could not figure out the diluted business--makes sense. I guess the tortie part is the pale beige mixed in. She's just a sweetie, I love her so much.

RuthieL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Agree. the tabby pattern seems to be classic tabby. The big bulls eyes visible on her side.
yes! I knew there was tabby, I just couldn't figure out what else and what to call the coloring...her tail is totally black on the upper side and totally white below. And lots of beige on her limbs...I love how creamy beigey grey she is!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yes! I knew there was tabby, I just couldn't figure out what else and what to call the coloring...her tail is totally black on the upper side and totally white below. And lots of beige on her limbs...I love how creamy beigey grey she is!
Yeah, so the others identified her as a torbie - which isnt apparent on the photos. My addition is WHAT sort of tabby. So she is classic torbie, so to speak.

Next question is if she is diluted or not... If she is totally black in some places, its not sure she id diluted. But her creme should mean she is diluted...
Im not sure this detail is necessary to know. :)

RuthieL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well, I don't think it's all that necessary to know down to details, I def wasn't sure at all how to describe her other than 'there's some long hair tabby in her' but it's got some creamy beige too...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. The whitish around mouth and eyes, arent no true white spot, its signs of being a tabby. Almost as common as the renown M on forebrow.