How to cook a Thanksgiving meal without an oven?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Amy - if you're still looking for ideas, I found this page on the Butterball site about cooking a turkey on a gas grill: http://butterball.com/en/main_canvas...n_prep&s1=prep
Darn - they say don't stuff the turkey in a gas grill. I think I'm back to the smoker for the turkey then, with stuffing in the crock pot. Store bought pie (sacrilage) and if my stove top isn't ripped out by Thursday, I can use those burners for the rest of the meal.

I came home from work on Thursday and they had knocked out another wall. Came home on Friday and the patio concrete was gone. With 3 work days between now and Thanksgiving, I suspect that the rest of the kitchen will be gutted (the only thing left in there right now is about half of the lower cabinets, the sink, dishwasher and range top).

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Darn - they say don't stuff the turkey in a gas grill. I think I'm back to the smoker for the turkey then, with stuffing in the crock pot. Store bought pie (sacrilage) and if my stove top isn't ripped out by Thursday, I can use those burners for the rest of the meal.

I came home from work on Thursday and they had knocked out another wall. Came home on Friday and the patio concrete was gone. With 3 work days between now and Thanksgiving, I suspect that the rest of the kitchen will be gutted (the only thing left in there right now is about half of the lower cabinets, the sink, dishwasher and range top).
My sister stuffs them anyway, and nobody has dropped dead. She figures my mom had a gas oven for years and years, and doesn't see any difference. Could you make bread dumplings as a substitute?