How to adapt a 15 year old cat to a new cat

jordi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have an old cat that is called Lilit, which is female and will be 15 years soon. She was ill for near 2 years and after changing of veterinary 6 times and spending 2500 euros on her health finally an excellent vet I found saved her.

Now she is in good health, but she is like bored most of the time, only wanting to sleep, and receive affection.

I recently found a cat that I feed, that lives in the streets but is very friendly and you can take him in your arms and has no fear. He looks like a fantastic cat, and I wonder if I can take him to my home with Lilit.

Lilit is my old cat, as I said soon she will be 15 years old. She is a tortoise cat, of small size, short legs. She is a female. She is a very well behaved cat but tends to be frightened easily. She is neutered.

This cat is 6 or 7 months old, an european cat, white with the head and the back with gray strips. He is more big, male, and has no fear of humans. He is not aggressive. He is not neutered but if I keep him I will neuter him.

I also have 2 cockatiels, that go out of the cage and are with us, and an aquarium.

Please tell me some advice... to decide if I should try to take this male cat home with my female 15 year old cat... also to know how to introduce him to her the best way so they may be friends soon.

I can't make a safe room for him, because of the way my home is configured and the other animals (can't isolate a room for the new cat).

I am afraid for my cockatiels and for my old cat, but that male cat looks so friendly and we established a good relationship and he may be safe here.

Please advice!