How the heck can inside cats get worms??

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sicy PLEASE don't double the dose on Zoey! Worm pills are pure poison and they are broke down carefully by the weight of the cat. Giving her more than the vet prescribed for her is VERY dangerous. Please stick to what the vet has prescribed, even though it means you have to medicate her more than once.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!!! Did you see them? How frustrating. Even with Advantage on them??
Yup, even with advantage on them, I had just recently put some on them like 2 weeks ago!!!

And I am going to my neighbours house every day to make sure their dogs are fed every day while they are on vacation and I saw their doberman has a BAD case of worms *shudder* She has not been anywhere near my cats, but how on earth did my cats get worms? Did I give it to them by petting the dog????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Sicy PLEASE don't double the dose on Zoey! Worm pills are pure poison and they are broke down carefully by the weight of the cat. Giving her more than the vet prescribed for her is VERY dangerous. Please stick to what the vet has prescribed, even though it means you have to medicate her more than once.
What???? Where did you get the idea I was double dosing her??

Her perscription called for 1 and 1/2 pill and another 1 and 1/2 pill 2 weeks from the first dose.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Kiwideus
Yup, even with advantage on them, I had just recently put some on them like 2 weeks ago!!!

And I am going to my neighbours house every day to make sure their dogs are fed every day while they are on vacation and I saw their doberman has a BAD case of worms *shudder* She has not been anywhere near my cats, but how on earth did my cats get worms? Did I give it to them by petting the dog????
Gosh that sucks!!! I dont know if you could have got them from the dog? I'm sure its possible.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh goodness- then I misread your post when you said you gave her both at the same time, I thought you meant you doubled her dose.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH! No I mean I gave her the 1 and 1/2 at the same time! Instead of one first, then the half. But.. I think next time I will do them separate (but within the same time period) because I'm sure there's a chance she might choke with two pills in her mouth at once

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well the stuff will kill the worms right away so both of you will feel better about that- sorry to have misunderstood-

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's ok I should have been more clear

And actually, I have not seen any trace of those nasty buggers since the first dose yay!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are more than likely tape worms and they usually get them from fleas. All it takes is one bite from a flea with worm eggs. One good thing about tape worms, they are not a threat to your cats life like other worms can be. It is just ugly when you see them in their stools. Drontal works great, will get rid of them. I have never tried Advantage, but we used Revolution instead. One of our girls came down with ear mites and that works great at getting rid of those too.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I know where tapeworms come from.

My vets dont carry Revolution. When I asked the receptionists why they said they werent sure but there must be a good reason.