How strange - we think my new-ish kitten has limping kitten syndrome :o

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gryffin was neutered and tattooed today and all went well - he was looking pretty manly down there there before this!! Going to pick up my boy in a bit. Should I notice any change in my cat's reactions to him? Can they tell a neutered vs. unneutered 6 month old?

I still cannot believe that he is 6 months old. He looks like a well-muscled 9-10 month old cat. Beautiful physique.

Last edited:

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as the neutering or not, usually not, the hormoney smell stays with them for several weeks following the procedure.  Sometimes when you pick up a cat after surgery your other kitties may hiss and not recognize him because he will have the vet clinic smell, but not really recognizing the neutered or not neutered aspect of it.

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thnx.

At least the neutering went smoothly. I am thankful for the smallest of things with my cats these days.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
How quickly our perspectives change when one of our fur family has been unwell.  They are precious.  Very happy and relieved your boy's 'little op'' went well.  I hope there's reactions to his post surgery odour so he can have a peaceful time when he comes home. 

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Back home. Purring, alert and looking cheery/lively. You would not even know that he had minor surgery today. He is purring and snuggling too. Not a hint of grogginess at all.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Back home. Purring, alert and looking cheery/lively. You would not even know that he had minor surgery today. He is purring and snuggling too. Not a hint of grogginess at all.
Such great news!  Males bounce back so much faster than females do.  My boy was back to playing the same day as his neuter, my girls needed a day or two to recouperate.

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Such great news!  Males bounce back so much faster than females do.  My boy was back to playing the same day as his neuter, my girls needed a day or two to recouperate.
Yep, Gryffin is already looking like he is ready to start playing. He is one seriously well adjusted boy. Mentally and physically robust. He grew up until about 5 months old at the equestrian center where I keep my horse (the owner had taken in a group of kittens abandoned on a driveway in the countryside - he was lucky as I have no idea what would have happened to him otherwise). He was fussed over by all of the boarders and kids there, had kitten and cat friends of all ages, played hard in and outdoors, learned to deal with huge horse hooves and things. I fell in love with him and decided to bring him home.

ETA: He just crawled under a couch looking for toys (and pushing them around) and is purring so loud that I can hear him across the room.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweetie!  And how lucky was he to be found and taken care of in such a nice place where he got loads of socialization. 
No surprise you fell in love with him.  Hope all goes well from now on in.

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ETA: He just crawled under a couch looking for toys (and pushing them around) and is purring so loud that I can hear him across the room.
Ha ha!! He just fell asleep under the couch!!

ETA: 20 minutes later and he pushed a ball out from under the couch and is pushing it about my home office playing. Cute.

Last edited: