How Soon..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I think I was right about the foster being intact. And although I kept them seperated. Somehow he got out and I came home from work to find him mounted on my little Bellie..(4 days from when she was due to go in for spaying as we had all the money ready for it now. nice eh?) as I was going into researching breeding anyways, and have been. Guess this just hurries it along. How long should I wait to take her into the vet to have her tested. Assumeing there is even a test, I know there is with horses they are Palped at 21days, but they are also Preg. alot longer. And I want to adjust her diet ASAP if she is going to be a momma. this may have been an accident, but its just as much my fault as the one who didnt tell me he wasnt fixed. So I want to make sure she has the best of care.

zanniesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she is due to be spayed, why don't you just go ahead and get it done. You won't know if she if pregnant for three weeks or so. But there are enough kittens without homes in this world, just get her spayed and you will never know if she is or isn't. And its time for your boy to get fixed, too. He will start spraying if you wait. Becky

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was Bellie in heat? It could have just been a donimance posture. Did she yowl and roll on the floor? This is the signal that the breeding took place. If there was no yowl or rolling then there was no breeding and you can get her spayed and him neutered ASAP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DragonLady

Was Bellie in heat? It could have just been a donimance posture. Did she yowl and roll on the floor? This is the signal that the breeding took place. If there was no yowl or rolling then there was no breeding and you can get her spayed and him neutered ASAP!
I feel like such a horrible mom right now. See what I get when I try to do something nice. *shakes head* Ah well I keep telling myself it doesnt make me horrible or irresponsible cause it was slated. And if there is kittens. I take full responsiblty for each and everyone of them.

Yup..when I walked in and went to moving them apart she was yowling and rolling on the floor.
hes going to the docs in the morning before work. not my kitty, I am sitting. But I dun care. hes in my house with my girls. The girls are all on the docs schedule..as well. Dutchy hates him..maybe she was telling me something?

Man I feel like a horrible momma. Not a way to impress people when your trying to start your own things up. *hangs head*

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zanniesmom

If she is due to be spayed, why don't you just go ahead and get it done. You won't know if she if pregnant for three weeks or so. But there are enough kittens without homes in this world, just get her spayed and you will never know if she is or isn't. And its time for your boy to get fixed, too. He will start spraying if you wait. Becky
Oh hes on his way. hes not my cat i am fostering/sitting. But I will do it anyways. His owner is a nice gal just wish she would have said something. ah well. And if there is babies, they wouldnt be homeless. My Faupe...my babies. I wouldnt ever dream of making anyone else take them.

After all..thats how I got each and everyone of MY babies..

I should note that I will want to know. Cause I am not in agreement with the Spay for Aborting unless there is a serious health risk. But thats my thoughts.

zanniesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At about 21 days after mating the nipples get a brighter pink. And at that stage the vet can sometimes palpate kittens and can with some accuracy tell you how many are on the way. At about the same time you should change the mom to a high quality kitten food. Becky

catlover7731

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She can still get spayed , and you should try and get the gentleman fixed at the same time. It's great that you foster, so you know how many cats are really out there, the best thing for you girl is to get her fixed now.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover7731

She can still get spayed , and you should try and get the gentleman fixed at the same time. It's great that you foster, so you know how many cats are really out there, the best thing for you girl is to get her fixed now.
The boys at the office right now. My vet suggested we wait to see if she is bred. If she is, we will spay her after if she isnt we will spay her when we know. I didnt like the idea of spay/abort. Its a personal thought about it. Each life accident or not is precious and my responsiblity. So. thats our plan for now. And time to read my kitten books again and go on Foal..er kitten watch if she is lol

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I know about switching foods. And all of that fun stuff..My accident my trouble. dear Bellie wont suffer for it. She seems..to be acting her usual self. So we shall see.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going on two years old in about a month or so here.

portdevoix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder how you could have missed the testicles on a pubescent male cat. They HANG OUTSIDE, for goodness sake!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by portdevoix

I wonder how you could have missed the testicles on a pubescent male cat. They HANG OUTSIDE, for goodness sake!
A) hes not my cat and i didnt think to look.he was an indoor cat so i assumed (bad of me yes) that he was fixed. And he has not sprayed in my house. B)hes a ball of fur litterly. a LARGE BALL of fur.

I think the comment was a bit rough. I am not an idiot. Made a mistake yes. Perhaps made a mistake in posting about my mistake to. I have grown to like this board, and was asking a simple question. But if i am gonna get talked down to I will keep my questions to myself. And simply go back to my research.

satchi77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
scamper, don't run off. i've made my own mistakes with kitties, and sometimes if a cat has a furry bottom and smallish testicles, it's easier to miss than people think---

good luck with bella and maybe or maybe not kittens...

melissa
and odell

eddie's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took my male in to get neutered and after they put him out to do the proceedure, they found out that he was already done. I have had this cat for almost 4 years and the person I got him from said that he was not yet neutered. The vet I took him to for a urinary problem said he was not neutered and that was just 3 weeks before. I understand about not knowing for sure.