How Soon Can Mama Have More Babies?

Hmarmalade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had kittens about 4 wks ago, how soon can she give birth again? I know they can get pregnant soon, but can she give birth again now? She's acting like she's in labor now.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat pregnancies are about 9 weeks, so no, she should not be having a litter now. Do you think she is in heat? Does she seem sick? Do you see any discharge?

Please bring mom inside and keep her there. She needs to be with her babies.

Do you plan to spay her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmarmalade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's inside. And she's panting and calling or taking to me. She is a rescue, some guy threw her out of his truck, didn't even slow down. I fed her, (almost a year) noticed she was missing some teeth ,but we could not get near her. We're in MI, so when the snow came, she came in the back cat door. Anyway, she's not in heat, but she seriously on the defense, and keeps movin the 2 4wk old kittens around.

Hmarmalade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's inside. And she's panting and calling or taking to me. She is a rescue, some guy threw her out of his truck, didn't even slow down. I fed her, (almost a year) noticed she was missing some teeth ,but we could not get near her. We're in MI, so when the snow came, she came in the back cat door. Anyway, she's not in heat, but she seriously on the defense, and keeps movin the 2 4wk old kittens around.
She keeps licking her rear and you can see her muscles twitching.

Hmarmalade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, now that we have her, absolutely getting spayed.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How would she be pregnant again if she has been inside?

Does she have any discharge that you can see?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Something is bothering her. Can you get her to the vet tomorrow? She may have worms or an infection. A vet check is best.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They can have two different litters simultaneusly! With a little luck can both be delibered several weeks apart
My cat had kittens about 4 wks ago, how soon can she give birth again? I know they can get pregnant soon, but can she give birth again now? She's acting like she's in labor now.