How Soon After Profender Will Parasites Not Be Transferred To Other My Other Kitties?

fearlessbenjamn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just adopted a new kitty on Sunday. His foster mom gave him a dose of Profender just to be on the safe side. I have three other kitties at home and want to be sure that they stay worm free. My newbie is in his own room for the time being. My cats are pretty accepting of newcomers and the newbie seems pretty relaxed too so i wanted to start the introduction process. But the last thing I want is a trip to the vet. The car ride is traumatic for both of us! Any thoughts are appreciated

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I highly recommed a vet visit, before you introduce the cats. Parasites are an issue, i like profender but there is no way for you to tell he is parasite free, even with the dose. he will need a parasite check from the vet.
There are also many other things he could have, that would be worse than the parasites. I would want a complete vet check before introductions. None of us really like a vet trip, i understand that, but for the health of your cats i would recommend it.
best of luck, let us know how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fearlessbenjamn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I picked him up at his vet's office. Before we left they checked him out and cleared him medically. I had been the one concerned about parasites and my other kitties so they gave him a dose of profender just in case.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked him up at his vet's office. Before we left they checked him out and cleared him medically. I had been the one concerned about parasites and my other kitties so they gave him a dose of profender just in case.
Thats good! I think with profender i would give it 2 to 3 days before introductions. Post some photos of the new one when you get time! :)