How old?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They actually outlawed trick or treating in my town when I was around 6 or 7. This was back when the media was saying people were putting razor blades in apples (like kids eat apples before Hershey bars
) I remember my parents inspecting my candy before I could eat it (I still think they were picking the best things out for themselves!), and I vaguely remember something about people putting LSD in candy. This was the mid 70's.

They started it back up by neighborhoods when I was in junior high, but I thought I was too "grown up" for trick or treating.

Now, I would LOVE to go!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I went I think I was 15. I took my sister out a couple times after that (shes 7 years younger than me) but I didn't really get any candy those times.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thinking about it I think my last year was when I was 17. We were going to go the next year, but it was a BLIZZARD and we wussed out.
My friend's little sister did brave the elements with her friend, and they just went up their street and back and came back with FULL pillowcases. Since no one was out, people were just dumping their bowls of candy into their bags for being out.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Age nine. That year I was allowed to trick or treat with a friend, who moved a few months later, and after that didn't really want to go by myself or with my parents. Besides that, family stuff was getting a little rocky and just wasn't worth the trouble of the arguement that would always ensue.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
19. For those of you who don't know, that is the legal drinking age in Canada so since then me and my buddies just go to a bar and have a couple beers instead of going out in the freezing cold looking like goofs just to get some candy.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was 10, When I moved with my grandma at 12 I would beg her up until i was 17, there was always someone that wanted me to go with them and she would never let me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ethereal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some of you stopped so early! I dont plan to stop anytime soon. Im auctually looking foward to next year
Its much funner getting the candy for yourself than passing it out to other people!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I stopped at 16 when I started dating my now ex-husband. He said it was stupid and he didnt want me to dso it any more so I stopped.