How old is my rescue??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keats1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can.  You can give her  Nutri-cal, or a similiar paste with vitamines and minerales.  There are surely many brands, and my guess is, most are more or less equivalent.

If you dont have problems with salomonella in eggs in your place, so raw egg yolk is very good and nourishing.  Add this to some fluid food she gets, goat milk, kmr, wet food, or this treat milk...
Raw egg white isnt good, but boiled egg white is good - much proteins.
Is it possible that these additions could cause diarrhea?
Also, the brands are usually for adult cats, is it safe to use them on kittens?

And another thing: how can I get rid of fleas on her at this age?

Also: her front legs seem to be shaped abnormally, somewhite bow-legged, if that's even a thing.
Can you tell by the picture or should I send another one?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it possible that these additions could cause diarrhea?
Also, the brands are usually for adult cats, is it safe to use them on kittens?

And another thing: how can I get rid of fleas on her at this age?

Also: her front legs seem to be shaped abnormally, somewhite bow-legged, if that's even a thing.
Can you tell by the picture or should I send another one?
No I dont think they are connected with diarrhea warnings.

Anyway, you use just a tiny bit, no big amounts.

Flea.   Advantage II is renown for be safe, both for moms and kittens.

Othewise,, combing out and drowning them in water with some soap in...

Or bathing her with some nice liquid soap...  In USA they usually use Blue Dawn, but almost any mild liquid soap should do.

Be sure its draught free, and dry off her.  You can even have a warming pad afterwards, so she dont get cold.

Before you begin, make a collar of  soap bubbles around her neck, so fleas wont flee from body up on the head.

You are welcome with another pic.

I hope it will be better with time, it usually gets,

But you can surely do some playful massage and gymnastic sessions, at least twice every day. Be sure she is warm and cozy, so the muscles and tendons are relaxed and warm.

keats1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I dont think they are connected with diarrhea warnings.
Anyway, you use just a tiny bit, no big amounts.

Flea.   Advantage II is renown for be safe, both for moms and kittens.
Othewise,, combing out and drowning them in water with some soap in...
Or bathing her with some nice liquid soap...  In USA they usually use Blue Dawn, but almost any mild liquid soap should do.
Be sure its draught free, and dry off her.  You can even have a warming pad afterwards, so she dont get cold.
Before you begin, make a collar of  soap bubbles around her neck, so fleas wont flee from body up on the head.

You are welcome with another pic.
I hope it will be better with time, it usually gets,
But you can surely do some playful massage and gymnastic sessions, at least twice every day. Be sure she is warm and cozy, so the muscles and tendons are relaxed and warm.
Thanks, I'll start looking :)

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm worried about her size, but yes, she isn't smaller than her siblings, but that makes me wonder if it is because the entire litter wasn't properly fed.
Goat's milk isn't very accessible where I live.
The milk I'm giving her is a treat milk I think since it's meant for adults and kittens, but it is enriched with vitamins and minerals and I thought that would be better than just plain lactose free milk. It's a french brand and my french isn't that great, so that's all the information I could gather from reading the label.

Also, what if you don't quote somebody, do they still get notified about the reply?
By the way, I get notified of ANY thread I have posted in, whether I am quoted or not.  I don't know if that happens for everyone else or not.  :)

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

....I dont know the exact rule of thumb when feeding with wet food.  Probably because its a free feeding...  So to speak.  But if we, for making it easier, compare wet food as roughly alike a kmr or goat milk, the rule of thumb there is  8ml /oz a day.  350g is about 12 oz, thus, about 96 ml kmr or goat milk  or its eqivalent a day.

So, as you notice, it helps much to have a scale.   Weigh her in a bowl, it is easier at this age.

What is exactly the name of this milk for adults and kittens?  is it treat milk alike Whiskas kitten milk, or is it some sort of kmr?

As said, goat milk is always OK, both as emergency kmr for small kittens, and as supplement for older kittens and adult cats.

Raw is best - fresh or frozen, but bottled is OK too...
Good advice StefanZ!  Thank you.  I've heard that the homogenizing process takes away lactase, which is the very enzyme needed to digest lactose. Therefore, drinking raw milk is recommended for people (or pets) with lactose intolerance.  Is that correct? 

lovemyzeus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, your little peanut is so precious! Did you name her?

I'm sorry you are not happy with your vet, I was lucky my former vet (who has retired) recommended my current vet and he is really good. I would ask around, maybe ask some of your friends or coworkers that have pets if they are happy with their vet. 

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Good advice StefanZ!  Thank you.  I've heard that the homogenizing process takes away lactase, which is the very enzyme needed to digest lactose. Therefore, drinking raw milk is recommended for people (or pets) with lactose intolerance.  Is that correct? 
Yes, I think its at least in part correct.  Unpastereurized unprocessed milk is really better than the usually processed, both cow and goats.

I have recently read a book about unpasteurized cow milk. The author did oversimplified here and there to get a good mocking, but in overall, a very interesting lecture, giving many new thoughts and insigts...   Many of his contemporary examples were from USA, where its possible to find raw cow milk, although its not sold in the usual  food shops.

So yes, I believe unpasteurized cow milk is a little safer for cats than pasteurized.

But goat milk is yet a step better.  Here I rely on the overhelming evidence of these of our forumists (and in other countries too, alike Poland) whom did use goats milk.  Raw (fresh or frozen) is best, contains antibodies, lactase, etc - but it seems full fat bottled, cartooned or evenn powdered, are oK too - with few exceptions.  These exceptions seems to be bad brands (as some polish breeders reported).

The only problem i have heard is, its sometimes necessary to dilute down goat milk with water.

Here in Sweden we dont have any practical access to raw goat milk - we may be lucky if we find cartooned or dry powder.  So my high esteeme of  raw goat milk is mainly a logical deduction, reinforced by these of our forumists who tried both, for example the veteran Hissy.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can choose what types of notifications you receive in your preferences under your profile.  I do not care to get an email every time someone posts to a thread I've replied to, so I turned that off.  Lots of other choices - it depends on what you prefer.

I usually used KMR - Kitten Milk Replacement, available in PetSmart.  Walmart has its own brand, I think.

I haven't had kittens for awhile and recently heard that KMR had some manufacturing problems, so goats milk may be your best bet.

Last edited:

keats1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, your little peanut is so precious! Did you name her?

I'm sorry you are not happy with your vet, I was lucky my former vet (who has retired) recommended my current vet and he is really good. I would ask around, maybe ask some of your friends or coworkers that have pets if they are happy with their vet. 
Thank you :) Yes, I named her Dandelion.

Oh that's wonderful, a good vet is so hard to find!
I will keep looking, hopefully I'll find one.