How old do your cats act?

cassthecatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vets think sooty's 8, or maybe even 9 years old! Yet he acts like he's only around 3-5 years old! Like, he'll do his crazy skittish things, he's active, he hunts a lot (And often brings me a dead bird or something.) etc. 

So, how old do your kitties act?

rustypocket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how old, like really old, cats act, but if it's anithing like people, then Minka, my 3.5-4 yo acts like an old lady. She is only interested in cozy places and quiet atmosphere.

csts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats are very young (2 and 1), but they act like babies! Sakura, the younger one, never seems to run out of energy. She ALWAYS wants attention or to play!

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morgenne will be thirteen in March. She acts like she's four or five and looks like she's about a year old. She's a dainty little tortoiseshell cat who loves catnip and loves to RUN!

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nora is 2, but acts like a 5 month old kitten! She's very active: running around, bouncing off her scratching post towers, chasing her toys (and brings them back, to be thrown again), and loves playing tag!  :) I think she'll be a kitten forever hahaha!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassthecatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Both of my cats are very young (2 and 1), but they act like babies! Sakura, the younger one, never seems to run out of energy. She ALWAYS wants attention or to play!
Awwwwwwwwww, how sweet!

catmomjulia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is 1 and he still acts the same as he did when he was 2 months old :) just better behaved lol

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have two Bengal rescues: Makena, a 5 year old male and Lilia, a 7 year old female. They act like older cats which I suspect is because of their histories and current environment. They both had difficult pasts and behavioral issues that we had to help them work through, I strongly suspect this took a bit of their spontaneous playfulness away. Additionally my wife and I are very calm and laid back and because we worked with the cats a lot to help them they learned to look to us for guidance on many things: I guess they emulate us to some degree.

Makena is serious, calm and standoffish during the day and cuddly at night. He plays quietly by himself every few days and will play with us sometimes for just a few minutes. He gets regular walks and sometimes gets playful when outside - racing to climb a tree, chasing leaves or grasshoppers etc - but this only lasts a minute or two. Even when he does play - he seems very serious about it.

Lilia is either just learning to play or was so traumatized/scared that she is just starting to play again. We have had her for 16 months and has really only began playing over the past 6 months. She started getting more playful when she learned she could trust us. We try to engage her in play every day.

They do play together sometimes, we praise them when they do. Once in awhile they race around the house together. Makena is much larger and stronger than Lilia and he is careful not to play too rough with her (thankfully.)

I have had lots of cats over the years, several of them acted like kittens all of their life. Makena and Lilia are the two "oldest' acting cats I ever had.

paddycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mine the Vet reckons is about 10 years old, (he was a stray i found hit by a car so no one really knows.) But he acts like a kitten. The budgies and him play around the living room (nicely its cute to watch) but definitely he is a kitten