How old do you think these are??

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found on the loading dock at work. Eyes are open. Mom isn't around and I plan on taking them. Just want an idea on age so I know if I need milk replacement.
kittens.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, so sweet. Probably 3-4 weeks. Check to see if they’ve cut their baby teeth yet. If so, 4 weeks. You definitely need kitten formula. They will probably need bottle feeding. They look a bit young for lapping, but you can always try.

They’ll need a feeding before your workday ends. Check to see if mom returns. She’s likely out foraging for food. Maybe put something out for her? Or do you think someone dropped them off?

Do keep us posted!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say three weeks. Since their eyes are all open, they must be over 10-14 days. They don't look too thin. Mom might come back, but do as Sarthur2 sez above.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say three weeks. Since their eyes are all open, they must be over 10-14 days. They don't look too thin. Mom might come back, but do as Sarthur2 sez above.
Aww, so sweet. Probably 3-4 weeks. Check to see if they’ve cut their baby teeth yet. If so, 4 weeks. You definitely need kitten formula. They will probably need bottle feeding. They look a bit young for lapping, but you can always try.

They’ll need a feeding before your workday ends. Check to see if mom returns. She’s likely out foraging for food. Maybe put something out for her? Or do you think someone dropped them off?

Do keep us posted!
Mom is a stray which we have a lot here at work. I'm sure she is taking good care of them. The only reason why I want to take them is because they are being taken to the shelter. Animal Control was already called.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. You’re one of the good guys! There are also folks out there that will trap spay and neuter the stray adults, and release them, so no more boxes ‘o kitties appear.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Between 2-3 weeks would be my guess. Nice and fat, should be easy to raise them. They will need formula for a few more weeks but it's a lot easier than raising newborns.

Their mother must be tortie, if you see her around. If she's friendly you can take her to nurse them.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Between 2-3 weeks would be my guess. Nice and fat, should be easy to raise them. They will need formula for a few more weeks but it's a lot easier than raising newborns.

Their mother must be tortie, if you see her around. If she's friendly you can take her to nurse them.
I keep looking out onto the loading dock hoping that I see Mom looking for her babies. I left the original box there in hopes that she'd return. I doubt she is friendly but if I see her, I will definitely try to befriend her.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up giving these babies to a rescue to be fostered. Just couldn't give them the time and attention they required especially since we just got Boone and Gracie back to not trying to kill each other only a couple days ago. Don't want to upset the apple cart so to speak.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Understandable, and probably better for the kittens. But I was hoping Boone and Gracie would be getting a new baby brother or sister! :lol: