How Old Are You?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Oh boy - it's amazing we did not kill ourselves !! Cast iron & steel jungle gym; steel merry-go-round; ( hold on ! ) swings made of chain and canvas; steel parallel bars in the sandbox. I'm surprised we still have teeth !
Yeah, I'm merry-go-round on the playground old, too. They don't put those there anymore, either.
My swings were chain & wood, though.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Oh boy - it's amazing we did not kill ourselves !! Cast iron & steel jungle gym; steel merry-go-round; ( hold on ! ) swings made of chain and canvas; steel parallel bars in the sandbox. I'm surprised we still have teeth !
And trying to get the swing so high it would go up and over the bar holding the chains :cloud9:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems that I'm one of the youngest! I'm early days of the internet and mobile phones old, the turn of the millennium, remembering the ban of smoking in public places, remembering Barack Obama becoming president and the launch of the X Factor.
You're a kiddo ;)
I remember the first mobile phones from the 80's or 90's, they were these dinosaur sized things. They looked like cinder blocks with antennae. Later, in the 2000's they came out with a smaller and less clunky version that you could play snake on :blush:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm flower power and yoga as meditation old.....

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I'm a tree house old girl, building forts with the dead grass from mowing the big yard, climbing trees, Atari video games, BBS boards that used a modem to call other computers before the internet, CDs and records and cassette tapes..walking onto the high school bus with the boombox on our shoulders blasting out the latest R&B tunes/pop music. School dances where we dances hard all 4 hours! Jumped off the stage into the crowd to be caught by everyone! Long hair in the back, business in the front, Z Cavaricci men's pants with pleats, rayon dress shirts- GAP v neck sweaters. Madonna and Prince era. Heavy metal era- Iron Maiden and Metallica era! Ride our bikes 5 to 10 miles wherever we wanted to go! No cell phones! Pay phones! Called to check in once during the day or not!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I forgot about that! For a few years I shopped in the mens clothing section only.
I loved Silvertab levi's-I couldn't quite fit into ladies jeans=the leg opening was made for stick ankles..I have always been more built like a soccer player..and would use scissors to cut the opening bigger. Which drove my mom crazy..until I found Z cav pants=which were perfect for those like myself who were larger in the seat and legs than normal. I just prefer to have pants that enable moving around-back then I was always on the move or sleeping...you wouldn't find me lounging around... :running:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're a kiddo ;)
I remember the first mobile phones from the 80's or 90's, they were these dinosaur sized things. They looked like cinder blocks with antennae. Later, in the 2000's they came out with a smaller and less clunky version that you could play snake on :blush:
I do feel very young in comparison to many on here, haha! I was born in the late '90s but grew up in the early-mid 2000s.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a tree house old girl, building forts with the dead grass from mowing the big yard, climbing trees, Atari video games, BBS boards that used a modem to call other computers before the internet, CDs and records and cassette tapes..walking onto the high school bus with the boombox on our shoulders blasting out the latest R&B tunes/pop music. School dances where we dances hard all 4 hours! Jumped off the stage into the crowd to be caught by everyone!

I remember building tree house, forts and climbing trees. I was a tom boy and hung out with the boys.

Long hair in the back, business in the front, Z Cavaricci men's pants with pleats, rayon dress shirts- GAP v neck sweaters. Madonna and Prince era. Heavy metal era- Iron Maiden and Metallica era! Ride our bikes 5 to 10 miles wherever we wanted to go! No cell phones! Pay phones! Called to check in once during the day or not!
I'm a tree house old girl, building forts with the dead grass from mowing the big yard, climbing trees, Atari video games, BBS boards that used a modem to call other computers before the internet, CDs and records and cassette tapes..walking onto the high school bus with the boombox on our shoulders blasting out the latest R&B tunes/pop music. School dances where we dances hard all 4 hours! Jumped off the stage into the crowd to be caught by everyone! Long hair in the back, business in the front, Z Cavaricci men's pants with pleats, rayon dress shirts- GAP v neck sweaters. Madonna and Prince era. Heavy metal era- Iron Maiden and Metallica era! Ride our bikes 5 to 10 miles wherever we wanted to go! No cell phones! Pay phones! Called to check in once during the day or not!
I remember building tree houses, forts and climbing trees. I was a tom boy and hung out with the boys.