how often to trim the nails of the cats?

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When kneading starts to hurt me or I hear from their voices that play fighting stars to hurt them.

blue_monday_88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Gareth - I'll bet I can trim your cats nails - I've done many so called "impossible to cut the nails on my cat" cat! I had to sit on my sister's cat one time, but he got them done and didn't draw blood either
Hey, can I fly you out of Minnesota for that LOL??? Napoleon is the squirmiest cat around, even if we try to do it after he naps, forget it!!! He is so hyperactive it's not even funny. Off to the groomer he goes (who does it for $20, that includes a tip)...Cassie we can pretty trick to do hers...just entice her with treats, but give them to her after she's done. She cries a little but she's a trouper

Oh and to answer the OP, once a month for both kitties. Napoleon is going onto five weeks, but hopefully my boyfriend will be able to take him today to the groomers. She is good, he's in and out in less than 5 minutes

maiseycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of this, either. Maisey does not have her front claws, so do the backclaws need trimmed, too? Sometimes I will find what looks like shells of her claws lying around the apartment. I was wondering if this is normal, and what these are?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to do them once every 1-2 weeks, but generally when I feel they are getting a bit sharp. Have noticed that their back claws rarely need doing. I am rather good at cutting them, and I have cut a few cats claws to the astonishment of their owners!! Re ingrowing claws - I never knew about cutting claws, so Snowy's only got done when she went to the vets. She rarely went out and my neighbour told me scratching posts were a waste of time, so needless to say, two of hers grew into her pad. My neighbour got them out, but I have been very strict on checking claws now, as I felt so guilty.