How often do you wear make-up? men and women welcome ;-)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I've thought about using a tinted moisturizer instead of a light foundation but have a lot of problems with sensitive skin and scents. I don't suppose anyone could recommend one that comes hypoallergenic and unscented - and for very very light skin?
I went back and looked for some that unscented, too .... I dont know if the above ones were .....

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer, Light Tint, SPF-30.

Suki Tinted Active Moisturizer is supposed to be natural, but I cant find anything of scent and it comes in a very light shade of Porcelain.

Here's a review On Physician's Formula Organic Wear

And here is a one how how to apply it with brushes. Brushes make a huge difference in the way your makeup looks. But you have to clean them regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCaL...eature=related

Here's a video from a guy who is a makeup artist and very informative of makeup and makeup products... He's reviewing Studio Moisture Tint from MAC's Baby Boom Collection.

http://www.youtube.com/user/enkorema.../0/94gH7HxK7FI

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Do you have our Boots cosmetics over there?!
Yes we do Helen was telling me about it, so I have been reading so many reviews about and it has excellent reviews. Have you tried it?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Yes we do Helen was telling me about it, so I have been reading so many reviews about and it has excellent reviews. Have you tried it?
It's the oldest and largest pharmacy in the UK!. No matter where you go you'll always find a Boots store. My friend Lynn was one of their Team Managers

http://www.boots-uk.com/About_Boots/...s_History.aspx

No7 is good though and reasonably priced compared to Max Faxtor, Revlon etc....

Have you tried their Protect and Perfect cream?. When they first brought this out a couple of years ago it was off the shelves as quick as it went on because it's so good!.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...-wrinkles.html

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question for those makeup wearers...Does anyone have any good products they have found for hiding really DARK under eye circles. Mine are HORRIBLE, Ive actually had someone think that my BF decked me because they are that bad when I dont wear makeup. Id like to find a moisturizer that would potentially help rid me of them or atleast make them so people dont think Im walking around with 2 black eyes.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow I didnt realize that..... and I have been researching the products a lot, but just mainly on what others experience was with them.

Right now, Im using MUAC DMAE Serum and loving it.

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/p...rm-423-31.html

For my eyes, Im using Transforming Anti Aging Eye Repair.... and I just LOVE this stuff.

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/p...ves-293-6.html

and Im using Argan Oil ... (and sometimes Olive Oil)

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/p...Oil-493-6.html

They don't put any money into the packaging and they are at such concentrated levels, you just use a tiny amount that goes a long way.

I want to try this ... AAA Cream..... but I will probably wait awhile...

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/p...eam-324-6.html

And I definitely want to try the Boots No7 products ..... I am just in the research phase so I will know exactly what to try.
I like anti-aging products, but I also have dry skin that can get too oily with certain products, and not moisturized enough with others

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh wow I didnt realize that..... and I have been researching the products a lot, but just mainly on what others experience was with them.
You only need a tiny amount of it as well and it sinks straight in!. I'll speak to Lynn on Monday to see if Boots do any samples of it for you?

I was just reading about an eye cream that Victoria Beckham uses and it sounded good as well, but the magazines in the conservatory

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Question for those makeup wearers...Does anyone have any good products they have found for hiding really DARK under eye circles. Mine are HORRIBLE, Ive actually had someone think that my BF decked me because they are that bad when I dont wear makeup. Id like to find a moisturizer that would potentially help rid me of them or atleast make them so people dont think Im walking around with 2 black eyes.
I would try some type of concealer and you may have to mix it with some moisturizer. I would always apply with a concealer brush to get a more natural look.
There are many makeup artist that believe the only color a concealer should ever be is a salmon color. (not the greens, yellow and skin color) They say salmon color neutralizes blue and purples.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

You only need a tiny amount of it as well and it sinks straight in!. I'll speak to Lynn on Monday to see if Boots do any samples of it for you?

I was just reading about an eye cream that Victoria Beckham uses and it sounded good as well, but the magazines in the conservatory
Oh I probably couldnt afford one that she uses lol .... but pass me the name when you get to it. Sophie is probably reading it now LOL

Ask her if she can and tell her my skin is dry .... but if its too moisturizing I will be oily and if its not I will be dry .... she will probably tell you "tell her good luck with that one" LOL

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I would try some type of concealer and you may have to mix it with some moisturizer. I would always apply with a concealer brush to get a more natural look.
There are many makeup artist that believe the only color a concealer should ever be is a salmon color. (not the greens, yellow and skin color) They say salmon color neutralizes blue and purples.
The one I use is called abbott's perk me up by everyday minerals

http://www.everydayminerals.com/stor...erk-me-up.html

The color is really good but I apply foundation on first and then this concealer. And it's hard to apply because if you have the smallest wrinkles it will not apply very evenly, so I have to use my finger to try smoothing it out. I am not 100% convinced that a salmon colored concealer is best for under the eyes anyway, just because I know it cancels out the blue and purple, but at the same time it looks kind of unnatural to have orange under your eyes. So i am going to be moving on from that concealer...but still, it works.

I can't wait to use it up then I plan on getting this one from smashbox I tried a sample and I love it.
http://www.smashbox.com/PHOTO-OP-UNDER-EYE-BRIGHTENER;jsessionid=0a010c481f43c95cec60c72f42bea7959264ee3c4bbc.e3eTaxiPc3mTe 34Pa38Ta38Mchj0

Right now I'm on the hunt of a good and cheap moisturizer. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to skin care stuff, because I know some of the higher end brands a lot of times don't have amazing special ingredients that are so strikingly different from others...
If I see some different ingredients I'd be willing to pay more..
But for the daytime I need somethign with SPF 30, even though I never stay outdoors for long periods of time I feel like I just NEED spf b/c I'm paranoid of wrinkles due to Uv rays..

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
very rarely. i'll put it on for an interview, or if i'm onstage - sometimes if i'm having my pic taken, but that's about it. i don't really mind the application so much, it's removing the stuff.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's interesting about the salmon color. I have always heard it was green. I will have to try that

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh I probably couldnt afford one that she uses lol .... but pass me the name when you get to it.
No it wasn't expensive really because that's what made me think about it?. I'll find it tomorrow though.

I think you would be able to use the Protect and Perfect because it's not greasy and because of the tiny amount you only need to use. I'm sure she'll be able to get a sample of it because she knows all the right people there

suri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wear make up all the time, expect for when I'm lazy. lol
I think I look fine without it but wearing it gives me an
extra boost of confidence. I love it, I love the way I look
with it. Ive been wearing if for so long now that when I go
out without it I feel a bit exposed

I think make up is very useful. I have tons of scars
from acne and trust me the aren't very appealing to
look at but foundation and concealer covers them all up!
and make up enhances my features!
I really enjoy getting all prettied up, especially when im gonna
go out. Its fun!

It only takes me about 15-30mins and my hair sometimes no time
at all but I think the most would be 30mins I like to curl it
with a straightener not a curling iron. lol

I only use, sometimes a primer then foundation, powder, eyeliner, eye shadow and lip gloss. I only do the smokey eye look.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

That's interesting about the salmon color. I have always heard it was green. I will have to try that
i'd heard it was pink.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not very often. When I do, it's just a bit of eyeliner and maybe some eyeshadow. I have never found a shade of lip color that looked good on me (I have dark lips), even the sheer kind that I can stand. I hate actual lipstick, it feels greasy and I chew on my lips so it tastes bad too. I can't STAND the feeling of foundation---like a mask. I can't wear mascara; it itches and makes my eyes water. So that's about it! A soft gray eyeliner (balck is too dramatic). And even that only for special occasions.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate wearing make-up, but I do it more than I would like to help my appearance be more professional I guess. I didn't start wearing it until later in life, resisted as long as I thought was possible
I mostly keep my hair short to prevent the time spent on the maintenance. If it is longish I always wear it up, it is quicker to fix that way.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have oily skin and very seldom do I wear makeup. not to mention, I don't like the feeling of it, and honestly most days I couldn't be bothered.

If we are going out for the evening, I will put a little bit on. But a little bit to me consists of: foundation to even out my skin tone, little bit of eyeliner to pop out my eyes and some mascara. Possibly a very light lipgloss just to give a shine.

I really can't stand people that wear lots of makeup, to me it just looks fake and I would much rather look like me even if I'm not the most pretty person, I don't want to look fake either.

Of course, to each their own. When makeup is done right, a person can look absolutely wonderful and it without looking fake.

maybe that's my problem, I don't do it enough so I don't know how to LOL.... actually I have had it put on me professionally, and been taught how to do it so that isn't really the case. But even when done professionally, and yes I looked good but I didn't feel good.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear makeup daily; I "put on my face" while I'm having my morning coffee. I'll skip it if I'm sick, but that's about it. I never wear lipstick, tho.
I had to skip eye makeup for a month when I had lasik surgery 9 years ago. I absolutely hated leaving the house.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely wear makeup. Never really did growing up, either.

My mom loves to put make up on me, even now. Rob says in my prom picture I dont even look like myself, so for our wedding I limited her

I wear eyeliner sometimes when I want to feel a little bit prettier, but that's it